Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many days a week do you wear full face makeup?

When I was working full time, I couldn't wait to get home to remove my makeup and wash my face - and I rarely wore makeup on weekends.  I don't like to wear makeup for one thing.  And, I do believe that the pores on my face need to breathe and shouldn't be coated with layers of creams, foundations, powders, etc.

Now that I'm retired, I belong to clubs and organizations, I meet with friends, I go shopping and run errands, and I go out with my husband - so I'm busy and leave the house several days a week.  I never wear makeup on days I stay home.  I only wear a foundation or CC cream to even out my complexion when I go out.  Usually.   It all depends on my mood and how much time I want to spend on it. 

To answer your question, I only wear eye makeup and everything about 1 or 2 days a week.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I work so I wear makeup Monday-Friday. I'm slowly being able to wear less makeup as my skin improves - acne is getting under control, now working on the remaining discolorations. I would love to get to the point where I can wear less for coverage. Weekends I will usually do a lighter version if I'm out doing something fun or running errands. On the days that I stay home, I do my usual skincare only and maybe a dash of concealer.

Honored Contributor

I am lucky that I could retire early.  I am rarely home as I go to the gym 5 days a week, golf and do some charity work.  I wear make up every day even if just going to the grocery store.  I have always enjoyed putting on make up and it makes me feel good.  I don't go over board with crazy colors I like a natural look. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I wear full makeup everyday unless I am really, really ill. I've always loved makeup and it just makes me feel better. After coffee and breakfast in the morning, the first thing I do is shower or bathe, put on makeup, do my hair, and get dressed. I'm not one to hang around half the day in my bathrobe lol. 

@Reba055 LOL! We are complete polar opposites!  I bathe and put clean lounge wear on ... no makeup just my skin care.... stay home sometimes a week at a time and do not see anyone except my DH.  I worked with the public so many years... had to dress and do the makeup thing  everyday, I find it a blessing to not have to do it anymore Unless I Choose Too. Love Retirement! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't put make-up on unless I plan to go somewhere which I usually just do once or twice a week.  All I normally see are dogs and they don't care.

@Kachina624....I don't think my cats care what I look like either. Cat LOL

I'm sure our animals think we are beautiful no matter what.  They are happy they are being loved.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wear a full face of make-up 5 days a week to work.  If I'm going out somewhere on the weekend I do my make-up.  If I'm going to run errands like grocery shopping, etc., I put on concealer, mascara, lip color and go.  If I'm going to be in the house lounging, I do my skincare and that's it.   

Respected Contributor

I retired in December 2011 but I love makeup and wear it everyday. That might sound crazy but I like to look good and I like to play around with colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was able to retire early but I love my makeup and what I use are also skin treatments.  My face feels gritty without it protecting my skin and breaks out.  I often go nowhere for days and days but for me it's a fun way to start my day.  I don't wear makeup to impress anyone.  I look the same makeup-wise no matter if i'm home by myself, doing yardwork, painting, working out or going out.  It makes me feel better.  I have to be really sick if I don't shower and apply my makeup.  What I use doesn't melt or wear off.  I do shower and redo it all if I am sweaty from working out or working.   I find it ridiculous that friends don't want to be seen going anywhere without it but don't bother with it if ot going out so they miss opportunities for spontaneous outings and fun.  If I didn't really like it I just wouldn't bother and not make excuses for why I am or am not wearing it! 

Honored Contributor

I don't wear much at home but going out I do, except for mascara as my lashes are so pitiful that I don't want to point out the fact that they are so pathetic.Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I enjoy wearing makeup. I like playing with different colors and combinations of shadows. So pretty much every day.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼