Trusted Contributor

How many days a week do you wear full face makeup?

Now retired I often do not leave the house for a week at a time. I just do  my skin beauty routine....and wear no makeup.  I wear makeup on a day I might go to the store, Doctor  etc.  So different from when I was working 5 days a week and wore makeup everyday except maybe my day off.  

I wonder if if it is better not wearing makeup....I still take great care of my skin, serums etc. 

Valued Contributor

Re: How many days a week do you wear full face makeup?

5-6 days a week... I don't wear much, but I still like to wear it most every day!  I think I look like a ghost without mascara and eye makeup 😉

Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

Now retired I often do not leave the house for a week at a time. I just do  my skin beauty routine....and wear no makeup.  I wear makeup on a day I might go to the store, Doctor  etc.  So different from when I was working 5 days a week and wore makeup everyday except maybe my day off.  

I wonder if if it is better not wearing makeup....I still take great care of my skin, serums etc. 

@June222...we sound like twins. Now that I am retired, it's not unusual for me to stay home for almost a week at a time. If I do go out though, I put makeup on. I do my skincare routine daily. I'm glad I don't have to put makeup on every day anymore.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I'm no longer working and, like you, am home most of the time.  I usually don't do a full face of make up when I'm home, but do use some of my at-home days to test drive new face and lip products or give others I'd given up on a second or third chance.  If I do anything with my eyes, it's usually just mascara when at home.  Going somewhere is another story.  I won't leave the house barefaced because it would be just my luck to run into someone I know.  I'm very faithful with my AM and PM skincare, actually better at it than when I was working.

Respected Contributor

I am home a lot (retired) but I have to get out every day unless there's a snowstorm or other extreme weather situation. 

I apply a full face makeup almost daily.  I don't apply it heavily but I need it.  My brows are non-existant without some pencil and my skin is reddish/blotchy so a little foundation evens out the tone.  I might skip mascara on occasion but I usually don't.  Lipstick brightens me up, I look dull without it.

Respected Contributor

I am retired also so I don't wear every single day like I did for years.  I would say I probably wear it 2 or 3 days a week.  If I have any kind of appointment or shopping to do I always put it on but if just running to store for a few items a lot of time I will just put on lipstick and maybe mascara.  My skin is so much better now that I let it breathe, if you will.  I still do my cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer morning & night............

Honored Contributor

Only when I leave the house or have company. I love not wearing it. My eyes bother me so much when I wear makeup. I could never wait to get home to wash my face. When I do wear it I don't wear much.

Respected Contributor

I changed jobs to one that didn't hav a working air conditioner for July and August, and it isn't working much right now, but it will be fall/winter soon.  I quite wearing makeup to work because it just sweated off.  I'm still not wearing any even though it is cooler.  I wear makeup when I go out shopping or for dinner somewhere.  My skin is improving, but I also started using Paula's Choice C Resist vitamin c treatment in the original and the 25% for the few dark spots that the bathroom light at work seems to hihglight like a black light!  I'm happy with that, so no big deal because I work in a men's prison.  I could wear a full on burka or a nun's habit and still looked at lustfully.  Heck, some of them even look at the male staff that way!!!

When I do wear makeup, I wear foundation, concealer/highlighter, powder (I'm oily), blush, mascara, eye shadow and brow powder.  I can't wear eye liner with my glasses because I can't see to put the darned stuff on!

My new routine saves me quite a bit of time I get to spend in the bed since I leave at 5:45 to be at work and cleared security by 6:45.

Respected Contributor

I used to spend 25-30 minutes applying makeup. It now takes me 15 minutes to do my entire face. I mostly use It Cosmetic products now. Some are multifunctional, which saves me a lot of application time.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

i am also retired now.  i  go out just about every day and i wear make up every day.  my make up is fairly light and simple though, and it only takes ten minutes or so.