Honored Contributor

How does Josie's Exfoliating Powder compare to Tatcha??

Anyone use both or tried both? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: How does Josie's Exfoliating Powder compare to Tatcha??

I'm curious as well. The Tatcha seems overpriced.

Respected Contributor

I really like Josies' because it is not harsh at all but does a nice job and last a long time. I have not tried Tatcha.

Frequent Contributor

I find the Tatcha to be more effective for my sensitive skin because the rice enzyme powder dissolves into a creamy foam and therefore there are no physical grains coming into contact with your skin. Since Josie's is granular it is a little too harsh for my face, neck, décolleté. I did use it on my arms and legs and it was effective for those areas. I do have extremely sensitive, reactive skin so I am guessing Josie's is probably good for those with other skin types.
Honored Contributor

I'd never compared the ingredients as I haven't used either product. So I just went and looked. The first two ingredients in the Tatcha rice powder is talc and cellulous ( wood pulp). I'm certainly not impressed with the ingredient list especially not for the price.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

On 12/10/2014 kmbcincy said: I find the Tatcha to be more effective for my sensitive skin because the rice enzyme powder dissolves into a creamy foam and therefore there are no physical grains coming into contact with your skin. Since Josie's is granular it is a little too harsh for my face, neck, décolleté. I did use it on my arms and legs and it was effective for those areas. I do have extremely sensitive, reactive skin so I am guessing Josie's is probably good for those with other skin types.

This is exactly why I prefer Josie's. To the OP: which product you decide on will depend on whether or not you want the grains to be felt or not. The Tatcha powder is granular for a split second before it dissolves, even the "deep" formula. I can use JM without it feeling to harsh...I never use the amount they use during the on-air presentation (that is entirely too much) and I can manually increase the pressure on different areas of my skin depending on my sensitivity level. For example, I press a tad harder when going over my nose to really clear my pores but softer on my cheeks because I don't need to exfoliate that area. HTH

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 jaxs mom said:

I'd never compared the ingredients as I haven't used either product. So I just went and looked. The first two ingredients in the Tatcha rice powder is talc and cellulous ( wood pulp). I'm certainly not impressed with the ingredient list especially not for the price.

I agree with you, it's overpriced for what you're getting. Plus, talc can be irritating to some people.