Valued Contributor

that I've done the best for my skin. That it can't get better (without Plastic surgery, botox, etc.) I understand that genetics play a part, but is there something else to maximize results?

Trying to get the maximum smoothness and smallest pore size. My skin feels like glass, but looks a little rough (not that extreme). Pores are very small compared to when I started.

Been doing this routine for 2 months.

AM

cleanse using faux foreo luna (using up cleansers that I have - Borghese, SSC)

Paula's Choice 2% BHA

Paula's Choice vitamin C

PM

cleanse using faux foreo luna

Paula's Choice 1% retinol

Paula's Chice moistrurizer

using philosophy peel pads once a week.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Two months really isn't long enough to correct everything which has happened to your skin during its time on Earth.  If you really want to avoid doing anything invasive which requires a doctor, I would give this regimen six months up to one year before declaring it a failure.    

Valued Contributor
Thanks Trixx! Good advice! Thanks for the encouragement. I know that it takes time and I like the results I'm getting with PC products. LOL My skin has been on this earth 65 years now! In the past I've fallen for the "see results overnight" or "in 7 days". I'm very committed to this. I like to have a simple but effective regime.
Honored Contributor

@seehorse wrote:

that I've done the best for my skin. That it can't get better (without Plastic surgery, botox, etc.) I understand that genetics play a part, but is there something else to maximize results?

Trying to get the maximum smoothness and smallest pore size. My skin feels like glass, but looks a little rough (not that extreme). Pores are very small compared to when I started.

AM

Paula's Choice 2% BHA

Paula's Choice vitamin C

PM

Thanks!

@seehorse

The two most important things are retinol and sunscreen .... looks like you have the skincare thing well in hand, but what about your sunscreen regimen?

Respected Contributor

Have to agree with the sunscreen recommendation 1000% from @Tinkrbl44

The Sun will undo anything good you have done for your skin, use it daily and re-apply if needed!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@seehorse wrote:

AM

Paula's Choice 2% BHA

Paula's Choice vitamin C

PM

Thanks!

@seehorse

The two most important things are retinol and sunscreen .... looks like you have the skincare thing well in hand, but what about your sunscreen regimen?

Hi Tink and Jacie,

Thanks for the rec. Even using moisturizer during the day makes me feel greasy, so haven't been the best at using that or sunscreen. (Do use at pool and beach.)

I know it's very important. Been looking for one. QVC had a PC sunsreen / serum duo, but it's not available now. I checked beautypedia for "best products" and saw some possibilities.

Any that you guys like?

Respected Contributor

@seehorse

I have been using the CeraVe (I really like the A.M. Facial Moisture one, I use the body one too) or the Alba Botanical Suncreen.

I only use "physical only" sunscreen because I wear alot of white and khaki in the spring/summer and chemical sunscreens just stain my clothes.

I use it even if I have sunscreen in my foundation.

Hope that helps.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

Re: How can I tell

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

@seehorse

I have been using the CeraVe (I really like the A.M. Facial Moisture one, I use the body one too) or the Alba Botanical Suncreen.

I only use "physical only" sunscreen because I wear alot of white and khaki in the spring/summer and chemical sunscreens just stain my clothes.

I use it even if I have sunscreen in my foundation.

Hope that helps.

Hi Jacie,

Thanks again!

CeraVe is one beautypedia recommends and I was looking into it because of moisturizer/sunscreen combo. Looks like a good one (5 "expert" stars).

From beautypedia:
PROS:
  • Lightweight lotion texture wears well under makeup.
  • Contains an impressive mix of skin-identical ingredients plus
    cell-communicating niacinamide.
  • Provides broad-spectrum sun protection.
  • Fragrance-free.
  • Inexpensive and generously sized.
CONS:
  • None.

Honored Contributor

Is the CeraVe reference to their SPF 50 sunscreen?

If so, I thought it would be the answer for me -- an all-physical sunscreen that was supposedly invisible. I used it for maybe two weeks. It was not invisible, it pilled up, and it irritated my skin.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
I can't wear sunscreen on my face, and it pains me. I so want to protect my face but everything I've tried either irritates my skin, leaves me greasy, or leaves a white cast.