Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Thank you so much for the tips everyone.  I will use moisturizer, apply in circles and gloves.  The Tarte self tanner came with a glove.  Will that work, or do I need to get the disposable gloves at the pharmacy like @ECBG suggested?

@NickNackThey tell you the glove doesn't waste, but really?  I use Walmart's disposable gloves, 100 for  about $6.00.  You can actually see what you're doing!!!  Priceless Girl!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I've already put them on my list!  Thank you. Smiley Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

Thank you so much for the tips everyone.  I will use moisturizer, apply in circles and gloves.  The Tarte self tanner came with a glove.  Will that work, or do I need to get the disposable gloves at the pharmacy like @ECBG suggested?

@NickNackThey tell you the glove doesn't waste, but really?  I use Walmart's disposable gloves, 100 for  about $6.00.  You can actually see what you're doing!!!  Priceless Girl!!!

@NickNackA glove with pile not soak up product?  I have a bridge I'd love to sell you! LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

I buy Walmart cheapest Jergens version of light tanner and use it every day. If you make a mistake one day, not a problem because it is a very gradual process that you can correct the next day. 

I use my hands and the beauty of gradual tanner is you can wash hands with no residue left to stain. Also this is a decent moisturizer I would need to use every day anyway. Much cheaper than high-priced stuff. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree that disposable gloves are best. Currently, I do use my mitt with my Tarte self tanner and use a dampened cloth to rub over my elbows, knees, and ankles to prevent dark areas.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Do you all exfoliate before using the self tanner?

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Another tip for removing an unwanted streaks or if palms develop with color, is to use a use vinegar applied with a paper towel.

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack  I don't always exfoliate prior to using a self tanner, but I try to.  When I do, I usually wait a couple of hours before applying the self tanner.  It's probably not necessary to wait, but it's just something I've always done.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack  I don't always exfoliate prior to using a self tanner, but I try to.  When I do, I usually wait a couple of hours before applying the self tanner.  It's probably not necessary to wait, but it's just something I've always done.  

Thank you @I like celery.  I'll exfoliate first then.  I just got back from the grocery store, and I bought the disposable gloves.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  Did you try your self-tanner, yet ?  If so, do you like your results?  Hope all went well ! 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥