Esteemed Contributor

How Long does the Gallon Last for You?

Deciding on the auto-delivery. Now that I am retired, I wash my hair every other day (sometimes I go three days). Does the gallon last more than six months?
Super Contributor

Re: How Long does the Gallon Last for You?

I ordered the tea tree last June. I use it for my first cleanse every time (2-3 times a week). I use at least one pump. I just opened my gallon from Dec last month. HTH
Respected Contributor

How many pumps from what size bottle do you use when you wash your hair? That will help us figure out how long 128oz (the gallon) will last you.

Respected Contributor

If all you're trying to decide is whether to get the auto-delivery or not, then I would say go ahead and sign up for it. In 6 mos when the 2nd one gets ready to ship, you can assess how much you have left and if you need another one. If not, you can either cancel your 2nd shipment or delay it for a few weeks/month(s?) until you do need it.

Super Contributor

Probably depends on the length of your hair also, I keep my hair very, very short and always use TT for the first wash, then something different for the second, I still have a half of a gallon left from my June order last year. I did already have about a half of a 32 ounce bottle of TT and I just use the gallon to refill the 32 ounce bottle. I had it on A/D but cancelled the last shipment last year since I didn't need any more.
Honored Contributor

It's going to vary widely. You need to figure out how many ounces you use each time you cleanse and multiply that by how times you cleanse a week. I went through 3 gallon bottles in the last year, not counting the multiple smaller bottles I used. But I'm using 12-18 ounces a week on average.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

A gallon lasts me 11-12 months. Knowing that, I still do auto delivery because of the free shipping on the second gallon!
Esteemed Contributor

From the 32oz bottle, I use 8-10 pumps for each wash, so 16-20 pumps each time I wash my hair. I have fine hair that is just above my shoulders.
Honored Contributor

A gallon has lasted my husband for over a year now. He washes every day and has short hair. We still have about 1/3 left of his but for a little while now he's been using my SMC. If he hadn't, I think we'd still have about 1/4 of it left.

I think the fact that your hair isn't too long and you wash every other day, it should last you close to a year, definitely would last you longer than 6 months.

Respected Contributor

On 6/30/2014 MFitz said: From the 32oz bottle, I use 8-10 pumps for each wash, so 16-20 pumps each time I wash my hair. I have fine hair that is just above my shoulders.

6 pumps from the 32oz bottle = 1 oz of product. So you are using about 2.5 to 3 oz of CC each time you cleanse. There are 128oz in the gallon, which will last you 43-51 total washes. If you washed every other day that would mean the gallon would last you 86-102 days, or 3-3.5 months.

I recommend the A-D Wink