Respected Contributor

How Do You Use A Pink Eyeliner?

I orderd  Mally's new eyeshadow palette and in it was a pink eyeliner and 2 other eyeliners. Do you use this eyeliner as a eyeshadow? I wish she had put in another color instead of pink.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Use A Pink Eyeliner?

I wonder if that one is intended to be used on the inner corners of the eye?

Esteemed Contributor

What shade of pink? If a light, then it may have been intended to use as a highlighter, so perhaps a touch on the inside corners of your eyes. Or, it may help to open the eye if placed on the lower inner rim. ??

I read a technique a long time ago where makeup artists would place a dot of red right in the inside corners of eyes - just a dot. (I think a famous Hollywood star used to do that.)

If a dark...really, I'm not sure. Pink wouldn't work for me, I know that. (I have light-medium skin tone, and I best like a contrasting - from eye color - dark color to define my upper lashes.) Pink used as traditional liner would make my eyes appear swollen. 

You may just want to play around with it to see how it might enhance your eyes.

Or, maybe you would like it better as a lip liner/filler.

Respected Contributor

I would worry that it would make my eyes look red or pink.

As for old Hollywood doing it on the inner corner of the eye, I would consider that they did black and white movies and pictures, so makeup was about contrast and light.
Respected Contributor

I found a review on Mally's site with the pink liner.

Stay put power!
March 10, 2013
myra80
City:Houston, TXAge:25 to 34Skin type:CombinationSkin tone:MediumHair color:Blonde
Value
5 / 55 / 5
Quality
5 / 55 / 5
Shade
5 / 55 / 5
Wear
5 / 55 / 5
I have "asian eyes". SO glad I got these. The pink champagne is wonderful as a shadow over the lids. All are highly pigmented and you get plenty of product. I bought before I read reviews. Glad I did. I wouldn't have purchased these had I went off reviews.
- See more at: http://www.mallybeauty.com/ultimate-performance-waterproof-eyeliner#sthash.mAeQHzGp.dpuf

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I would worry that it would make my eyes look red or pink.

As for old Hollywood doing it on the inner corner of the eye, I would consider that they did black and white movies and pictures, so makeup was about contrast and light.

It was Marilyn Monroe's eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

It also sounds like it might be good for the rim. I sometimes use a nude color Pixi liner on my lower rim. It brightens and opens up my eyes.

I don't care for dark liners on my rims. I've got large eyes and it just looks strange. It tends to make them look smaller, too, and I don't want to do that.

Honored Contributor

I use it for the corner of my eyes as well as a lower liner.  I line the inner rim with black and it looks good on me.  I've also used it as a shadow on my lids.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depeding on what color pink, it can be an inner eye "brightener" or eyeshadow or I've even swiped it across black eyeliner to give just a hint of color. You can't see it too much over the black but it seems to make my eyes really sparkle. I have to be careful with pinks because with my skintone, it can make me look sickly.

QVC Customer Care