Honored Contributor

To be clear, I'm not much of a make-up person.  However, I've. been noticing of late, especially "rosy cheeks" and heavy makeup on some of the hosts (Mary, Rachel and Shawn, most recently).  So I was wondering if this is a new trend in make-up?

Esteemed Contributor

SK  always is wearing tons of makeup , which is not new

Honored Contributor

Last night, SK and the Estée Lauder model were WAY TOO warmed up and over bronzed. 

Respected Contributor

when they do their stage makeup and then do a makeup show, they need to take a couple of layers, off first. I have a hard time getting a true read on lipstick, blush and eyeliner, when they do so much layering.

it's also hard to tell colors. when host is showing colors,in studio and then the guest, is showing colors, remotely, they don't look similar because of the lighting. I get that with clothing, too.

Respected Contributor

I have never cared for Bronzer. It always looks fake to me. Contouring for magazine shoots or TV and movies is one thing - when done well. As Bobbi Brown said, for daily use - it looks fake.

I landed on Q last night while they were selling some makebup. The model was a very heavily made up blonde woman. It looked terrible.

Shawn and Jane's make up looks too heavy. Both go crazy on the brows.

Honored Contributor

I agree - and this is not a criticism, its just an observation - that Shawn and Jane R put way too much make up on and it ends up making them look older and unnatrual.  It just doesn't look good or flattering at all.  They need to dial way back on the face and eye makeup.   When they are selling makeup, its hard to tell how it'll really look because they are so overdone.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed this heavy makeup on non-makeup shows.  Mary's was on a wine show and Rachel yesterday on a shoe show.  Just seems like too much blush, etc., unless this is a new trend on makeup.

Honored Contributor

Pre-pandemic, QVC employed make-up artists, then the hosts started having to do their own.  They've gotten very heavy handed and need to lighten up, especially the older ones.  Some are not very skilled at make-up application.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pre-pandemic, QVC employed make-up artists, then the hosts started having to do their own.  They've gotten very heavy handed and need to lighten up, especially the older ones.  Some are not very skilled at make-up application.

Especially the one known as the beauty expert.  She looked like she had two bronze apples for cheeks.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

@greenjean1    Thanks for a good laugh.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment