Contributor

Honestly, I'm not a raccoon.

Looking for advise on what you ladies consider a good eye liner.  I usually buy drug store products and I'm always having the typical brown or black color falling below the original line I made.  Looks awful.  Do I need to trade up to fancier products?  It should be noted I face is mostly oily.  Many thanks!!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Honestly, I'm not a raccoon.

You don't say what kind of eyeliner you are using so I will guess you use pencil eyeliner?  That melts away on my oily lids.  I do better with a liquid liner. I like a thin line.  Maybe a primer would help.

Drugstore products are just as good as high end items; you have to find the right item and application technique.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Ulta brand of their chubby crayon type eye liners for lining my top lids. I love the brown, green and  purple. Look closely though since they have a lot in each of those colors, several shades of each and not all are nice shades. I don't like bright colors, more muted tones and these 3 work great for me, oh, forgot grey, nice grey, sort of soft light/medium charcoal.

You do have to sharpen them but no biggie. I get them when they are buy 2 get 2 free, good deal but even when not on sale they are very reasonable, cheap as or cheaper than most drug store liners and stay on much nicer and much longer for me.

I do need a better one for lining my lower lash line so I get Korres from HSN, set of 5 for $29.99 I think it is, very nice gel liners for both top and or bottom.

edited to say, when I said better(poor word choice) one I meant a thinner one since I do really like the Ulta chubby liners for the top, like them a lot but need a finer point to lining in with my lower lash line so use the Korres from HSN, set of 5.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Revlon liquid eye liner in black .... I have been using it for years & I love it .... as long as I don't rub my eyes it stays on all day!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

My solution is not wearing eyeliner. As someone over 50 with fair skin, it is a harsh look. Eyeliner also makes my eyes look smaller,

I wear brow pencil, mascara, corrector and a nude eyeshadow.

Esteemed Contributor

The very best eyeliner available (my opinion, of course) is Lancomes Artliner. It's expensive, but I've never found a dupe of the same quality. It's the eyeliner that I ALWAYS go back to. It's easy to apply and stays on. Enough said, right?

Honored Contributor

raccoon

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the @#$% else are you talkin’... you talkin’ to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the @#$% do you think you're talkin’ to? Oh, yeah? Okay...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I have to agree - the Goth look is not becoming.  Women in general overdo the eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

eyeliner

Every year I do the same thing: I wait for the lowest price on drugstore.com and I buy a year's supply in dark brown along with my year's supply of Full 'N Soft mascara.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@CJ111 ~ I have oily skin and eyelids too.  I own at least 20 liner pencils but the only two I use are Rimmel and Jordana.  Both brands are about $1 at the drugstore and they don't smear on me.  I'll add that I never wear black or dark brown - just muted colors of gray and green.  Black would make me look like a raccoon!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt