Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holly Mordini is on Evine again tomorrow night and Saturday!

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze.  I purchased ...

Mascara Duo

Chubby Eyeshadow Duo: plum/gray

Eyeliner Duo: Blk Plum/Slate Gray

Lip Gloss Duo: Rose

Lipstick Duo : Rose, maybe Cherry, stay tuned, too lazy to look now. 

Haven't tried mascara yet.

The plum chubby eye shadow is a nice shade with a bit of brown. It's dark but no red undertones, which is good. It's kind of matte-y yet not flat, there's some depth if you know what I mean. The gray is shiny. I wish it were more satin. Not sure bout this one.

The slate gray liner is lighter than expected. I did layer the Plum over it to darken. That's not too bad together. But, hmmm, do I want to do this or find my desired shade from the get go? The Blk/Plum liner is a nice alternative to basic black. Neutral, not garish and a rather sophisticated color. Both the shadow sticks and eyeliners wear like iron! No fading whatsoever. That is good. 

Lip glosses, very nice texture. No tack. One color is very light. Almost too light and the other is richly pigmented but I'm not head over heels at this point. They wear off nicely leaving soft lips. What may be the deal breaker is an ever so soft scent akin to the Doll10 that we both hated. On a scale, it's a 3+ of 10 compared to the Doll lippies, scent wise. 

The lipsticks are soft, creamy, gloss like in finish. Good color payoff.They do leave a slight stain without the dreaded dry ring around the lips.

Big disclaimer. I will revisit all of the above with more comments and specifics soon. Been way off kilter with a crummy flu bug. Coughing, sneezing and teary eyes really do not bode well for a true makeup evaluation. I'll be better tomorrow, I'll be better tomorrow.....

Another little story with a sweet ending. I'd mentioned my girl was a trooper till the end. The vet spoke to me about putting her down. "No, not yet. She's still eating, drinking, very active and affectionate." He told me what to look for and gave me his home phone, call when the time came and he would come over. Well it was weeks, many if I remember clearly, until that Friday evening. A huge burst of energy, racing around the yard at top speed. Made us all take notice and initially laugh. Then she went into the house and I shortly knew it was time. This rally often happens with people too. It's tough to be a part of...

I didn't emerge till the following Tuesday, only to hear the soft meows of a kitty locked in my garage!  Scared and hungry, I finally caught her and called my friend, Officer Laura at Animal Control. This little one was too clean and friendly to be feral. She must be lost. No missing reports but Officer Laura invited me up for some food and litter. Kitty baby went with me and was quite content, playful and loving, a true bundle of joy. "You need to keep this cat, Nikki (sob) sent her to you. This is a really nice cat its a sign" Laura said. Reluctantly, sadly, I pondered and home we went. It was summer, warm nights and was awakened by cat cries by my deck doorwall several evenings. Nada when I searched. Who's out there? Shortly afterwards as I sat outside with kitty baby, introducing a comb, I spotted his twin watching me in the yard. This little love bug trotted right up and climbed in my lap. Let me groom him too! Two!  It was obvious they were litter mates and we now had a brother. Minette or Mimi for short, as I called the first baby turned out to be 'Mike.' He has grown up to be quite the character. Big personality that I describe as a cross between Kramer sliding into Seinfeld 's apartment and Dennis the Menace. He's never outgrown his playfulness. His brother is a total love  and these two guys have brought so much laughter and love into my life. Yes, Nikki, you did good!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@HappyDaze.  I purchased ...

Mascara Duo

Chubby Eyeshadow Duo: plum/gray

Eyeliner Duo: Blk Plum/Slate Gray

Lip Gloss Duo: Rose

Lipstick Duo : Rose, maybe Cherry, stay tuned, too lazy to look now. 

Haven't tried mascara yet.

The plum chubby eye shadow is a nice shade with a bit of brown. It's dark but no red undertones, which is good. It's kind of matte-y yet not flat, there's some depth if you know what I mean. The gray is shiny. I wish it were more satin. Not sure bout this one.

The slate gray liner is lighter than expected. I did layer the Plum over it to darken. That's not too bad together. But, hmmm, do I want to do this or find my desired shade from the get go? The Blk/Plum liner is a nice alternative to basic black. Neutral, not garish and a rather sophisticated color. Both the shadow sticks and eyeliners wear like iron! No fading whatsoever. That is good. 

Lip glosses, very nice texture. No tack. One color is very light. Almost too light and the other is richly pigmented but I'm not head over heels at this point. They wear off nicely leaving soft lips. What may be the deal breaker is an ever so soft scent akin to the Doll10 that we both hated. On a scale, it's a 3+ of 10 compared to the Doll lippies, scent wise. 

The lipsticks are soft, creamy, gloss like in finish. Good color payoff.They do leave a slight stain without the dreaded dry ring around the lips.

Big disclaimer. I will revisit all of the above with more comments and specifics soon. Been way off kilter with a crummy flu bug. Coughing, sneezing and teary eyes really do not bode well for a true makeup evaluation. I'll be better tomorrow, I'll be better tomorrow.....

Another little story with a sweet ending. I'd mentioned my girl was a trooper till the end. The vet spoke to me about putting her down. "No, not yet. She's still eating, drinking, very active and affectionate." He told me what to look for and gave me his home phone, call when the time came and he would come over. Well it was weeks, many if I remember clearly, until that Friday evening. A huge burst of energy, racing around the yard at top speed. Made us all take notice and initially laugh. Then she went into the house and I shortly knew it was time. This rally often happens with people too. It's tough to be a part of...

I didn't emerge till the following Tuesday, only to hear the soft meows of a kitty locked in my garage!  Scared and hungry, I finally caught her and called my friend, Officer Laura at Animal Control. This little one was too clean and friendly to be feral. She must be lost. No missing reports but Officer Laura invited me up for some food and litter. Kitty baby went with me and was quite content, playful and loving, a true bundle of joy. "You need to keep this cat, Nikki (sob) sent her to you. This is a really nice cat its a sign" Laura said. Reluctantly, sadly, I pondered and home we went. It was summer, warm nights and was awakened by cat cries by my deck doorwall several evenings. Nada when I searched. Who's out there? Shortly afterwards as I sat outside with kitty baby, introducing a comb, I spotted his twin watching me in the yard. This little love bug trotted right up and climbed in my lap. Let me groom him too! Two!  It was obvious they were litter mates and we now had a brother. Minette or Mimi for short, as I called the first baby turned out to be 'Mike.' He has grown up to be quite the character. Big personality that I describe as a cross between Kramer sliding into Seinfeld 's apartment and Dennis the Menace. He's never outgrown his playfulness. His brother is a total love  and these two guys have brought so much laughter and love into my life. Yes, Nikki, you did good!

Hope you feel better!  

Did you try her concealer? That's the only product I'm interested in.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 Thank you. I just woke up, so upside down this week. 

No, didn't try the concealer. Been using It Cosmetics waterproof that came in a tsv a few years back and like it alot. A pin head drop is all I use with great results. Good on lids as an ES base too. Or Eve Pearl, her Dual HD foundation most of the time will suffice evening out color and will dip into her Salmon concealer if need be.

I'm curious about the two toned brow pencil. Have you or anybody else tried it?  The Evine video only had audio when I went back to re watch it.

Holly's site has free shipping. I think there may be a nominal purchase required, but there's a 60 day return policy. Quite generous.  A few more items too.

What have you tried?

Honored Contributor

I have tried the Chubby Eyeshadow Duo: plum/gray
Eyeliner Duo: Blk Plum/Slate Gray.  I really like the eyeshadow.  It goes on like silk and stays on a long time.  I'm not real thrilled with the eyeliners.  The slate gray has some glitter to it.  That may be going back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky I feel the same way you do about the slate gray eye liner. This may be redundant, but try layering the colors before you possibly return. I'm finding an interesting mix of shades on the back of my hand just playing around. 

I am looking for a dark slate or whatever it may be called, gray. Years ago I had a Shiesdo (sp) liner in a dark gray taupey brown color. Perfection. Of course it was dc'd.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Pecky I feel the same way you do about the slate gray eye liner. This may be redundant, but try layering the colors before you possibly return. I'm finding an interesting mix of shades on the back of my hand just playing around. 

I am looking for a dark slate or whatever it may be called, gray. Years ago I had a Shiesdo (sp) liner in a dark gray taupey brown color. Perfection. Of course it was dc'd.

@rochelleS wrote:

@rochelleSI will try that.  Are you mixing the plum liner with it?  The one thing that does kind of concern me is the amount of product you get.  It doesn't twist or sharpen.  For the price if you use it alot it will not last long at all ummmm.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky Yes, I am mixing the slate liner with the plum liner. Been goofing around on the back of my hand with these. When I dab my 'mix' with my finger I get an additional, even lighter color that I've patted on my lid. Pretty nice. Lots of variants of shades coming from my little experimenting.  The chubby eye shadow sticks can also be interchanged with the liner shades. Boy, these products do NOT budge. 

Now my liners twist up from the bottom. They are stiff, but do twist. My chubby eye shadow sticks do not twist for me at all. So, I called the company and left a message. I want to confirm the sharpening instructions with the plasticized housing. Try gently twisting your liner and I'll post back regarding the shadow sticks.

Anybody receive the brow pencils. Love to hear any comments. TIA. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Pecky Yes, I am mixing the slate liner with the plum liner. Been goofing around on the back of my hand with these. When I dab my 'mix' with my finger I get an additional, even lighter color that I've patted on my lid. Pretty nice. Lots of variants of shades coming from my little experimenting.  The chubby eye shadow sticks can also be interchanged with the liner shades. Boy, these products do NOT budge. 

Now my liners twist up from the bottom. They are stiff, but do twist. My chubby eye shadow sticks do not twist for me at all. So, I called the company and left a message. I want to confirm the sharpening instructions with the plasticized housing. Try gently twisting your liner and I'll post back regarding the shadow sticks.

@rochelleS wrote:

@rochelleS My liners do twist. Let me know what you find out about the shadow sticks.Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky

I just hung up with Rebecca from Stroke of Beauty. We had a wonderful conversation, exactly like you want to receive from a Co. representative. Alot of constructive information, tips, colors, ideas and future products were discussed!

Yes, the chubby eye shadow sticks can be sharpened. Use a larger sharpener if you have or pick up one at your local beauty supply. She mentioned a sharpener may be available in future shows. Speaking of which...

Looks like May 11th will be the next airing.

There's alot of in house excitement about a new product to be unveiled. Top secret for now, but it's a long lasting, newly developed formula with Hollys' great eye and hand in color. Sorry to be so 'cheeky' but I will be tuning in for this debut.

More lippies will soon be in the pipeline. A creamy formula along with a long lasting matte. Both of which will retain the most awesome texture of the Mixed Media duo and gloss duos (I own) and are currently available. 

Foundation, eye shadows and well the whole face will be upcoming too. Looks like the whole face will be covered (no pun) in the coming months. 

Also, to correct my previous comment. There is FREE SHIPPING with NO minimum purchase required and  60 day return policy on their site. I ordered a brow duo which has the two toned pencil and a brow gel. The gel will be presented in May. Looking forward to trying these two items!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the brow pencil duo in brunette, the concealer in medium and the roses lipsticks.

The brow pencil is very good, color is perfect; however, the pencil seems to have gotten softer over the past few days I've used it.  I live in NY (still cold here!) so it is not a climate issue, so who knows.  I'm going to try to put the started one in the fridge to see if it might get harder again - otherwise I may just send it back.

The concealer I ordered in medium and I find it to be rather light - I may exchange for the tan if the line of them run on the light side.  I have a light-medium olive skintone.  If anyone here has tried the concealer tan, please let me know how you feel about the shade.

The lipstick I do not care for at all - the lighter one is  OK, but the punch color one is nothing special.  Comfortable on the lip, but that's about it.

I hope any or all of this information helps you'all - I always liked Holly and I will defintely stay tuned to see her upcoming offerings.