Respected Contributor

Re: Holly Mordini is on Evine again tomorrow night and Saturday!

I love Holly, but I've got to admit that I didn't recognize her........she's wearing Shawn's glasses!!!!  (kidding, I love Shawn)

Respected Contributor

I was really looking forward to seeing Holly and her new products. I wasn't impressed with anything. I did give a second look at her 2 crayon eye shadows but they did not show up much. I'm a little disappointed. I didn't think the prices were great.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I wasn't planning on ordering anything but after seeing the presentation on the  chubby eye shadow sticks in the plum/stone duo I had to order it.  It looked beautiful on the model. I also ordered the eyeliners in the black plum/slate gray.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

I was really looking forward to seeing Holly and her new products. I wasn't impressed with anything. I did give a second look at her 2 crayon eye shadows but they did not show up much. I'm a little disappointed. I didn't think the prices were great.

I agree, the eyeshadow crayons did not lay down alot of color. She kept "coloring" the eyelid with them over and over and they never really showed up. I wasn't impressed at all. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS lol cute story! Smiley Happy 

Regarding my sweet boy, he is laying at my feet right now. yesterday we had his third chemo so he is a bit tired. He is doing great though- he has quickly figured out his prosthetic and is getting around doing normal dog stuff. We also had a little accupuncture done on his tight shoulders (due to having to hop around before he got his prosthetic) and they gave me a bunch of massage/stretching techniques to do to help keep his muscles from getting too tight and keep his limbs flexible. We are swimming twice a week too so he stays healthy and strong. Thanks for asking-he is a sweet boy and I love him so much. He is a trooper for sure. Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Danishgal wrote:

@HappyDazeDid you find out if Stroke of Beauty is cruelty free? No mention of it on their website.

@Danishgal finally heard back. Here is what was written to me:

"To the best of our knowledge no ingredients, that we have used, are being tested on animals during the manufacturing of our products.

In regards to your question on animal-derived ingredients included in our products, we are investigating and we will send you the answer as soon as we have checked our product ingredients.

Very truly yours,

StrokeOfBeauty_LOGO_FINAL_OL

"

To be honest, I am not comfortable with that answer so won't be purchasing anything at this time. It sounds very vague, kind of like ignorance is bliss stance but maybe I am reading too much into it? They also do not address the part about the finished product being tested on animals, which I asked as well. .

I do hope they actually get back to me about the animal-derived ingredients but I am not holding my breath.  

HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I am thrilled to hear your sweet boy is holding his own and appears to be tolerating his treatments. I love hearing about the acupuncture and your swimming sessions. You certainly have all the modalities covered! Brav♡!!!

I lost my beloved Dobie to this particular cancer. Magnificent dog, just broke my heart losing her. Unfortunately she was not a surgical candidate due to a heart condition. She was a real trooper right up to the end. I still dearly cherish my memories and honor the opportunity to have had such a remarkable pet in my life. Keep up the good work, I know it's hard. Sending my unfailing support, love and light your way.

Changing gear... I had googled around looking for reviews on Holly's products and one blogger had 'cruelty free' listed in her remarks. Curious that you could not get a definitive reply from the Co. I'm sure you're not the only one interested in knowing this. 

I have received my Evine orders and am in the process of evaluating now. I can say the eye shadow crayons and eyeliner duos Do Not budge! And btw, are interchangeable. I'll be back to update further. I remember your interest in the glosses. Cyber hugs.

Honored Contributor

I love Holly.  She is beautiful and talented.  That being said, I am NOT impressed with her new line.

WHY did she leave Smashbox?????????? Mistake....

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS awww thank you for sharing your story of your Dobie and I know your heartbreak. You were both so lucky to have each other and I am sure she had a wonderful life with you. It is so hard to lose our sweet babies. Every time they leave us, they take a little piece of our hearts, don't they? 

Next chemo is in three weeks and we will do more imaging to make sure still no new growths. I only pray they still find nothing. It is always nerve racking, as I am sure you know. Thank you for all the well wishes and support and love. It truly means the world to us and I just KNOW it helps us stay strong. Blessings to you, rochelle. {{hugs}}

And on a lighter note, I do wish they were a bit more definitive in their answer. I will wait and see. Glad to hear the shadows don't budge though- that is great! I can't remember- what colors did you get and which do you like the best? Can't wait to read updates!! Thanks for sharing! 

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I love Holly.  She is beautiful and talented.  That being said, I am NOT impressed with her new line.

WHY did she leave Smashbox?????????? Mistake....

I sure agree!

While I did not love Smashbox products, I loved watching Holly show them.  She looked fabulous and did a great job with the products.  Not impressed with this line at all.

Hyacinth