Super Contributor

Re: Holiday beauty items- what is on your wish list?

This was a bad thread to read, I want a lot of things posted that I hadn't seen before, like the Estee Lauder Make-up set!

I love the new Anastasia eye palette, made by a male make-up artist.  I'm blanking on his name, but the colors are so pretty.  Either than one or Ciate's new one, they're similar shades, though I like the Anastasia one more.

I've seen a lot of lip kits but not one I like the majority of colors, so I'm still looking.  I too am hoping for a decent Tarte kit, but waiting for others to try it first to make sure it's not a cheap version of their products.  I hate when companies do that! I'm disappointed in how Tarte's changed, I miss the TSVs and even just seeing them on the Q. 

Oh, forgot one! I only shop for 2 females, my Mom and SIL (the others get group gifts) and neither are into beauty products like I am.  I wish they were! They do like bath and body products, so I may go with Shea Terra Organic items this year for them,  I gifted them before prior to the growth of items, so there's a lot more stuff to sort through and pick out, plus I could get a few things for myself!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

@HappyDaze the peppermint bark is right on, if you might like that scent. The vanilla bean smells like Cool Whip to me, but it's mild & I'm used to her stronger scented butters. There's been some I didn't like (orange creamsicle, cherry pie, crème brulé, and vanilla amber I would not recommend) but, there's always unscented, too. Smiley Happy

@StraytoStay thanks but I don't really like mint or chocolate scented type body products (or food/candy/sweets scents in general). Glad to hear at least it smells like it's name implies thought! I was really excited about the honeysuckle one but it was awful and smelled nothing like honeysuckle. Unscented is nice to wear when I want to wear perfume but I don't often wear perfumes and prefer to get a light scent from a  body butter.

@HappyDaze I forgot about her floral scents being bad! I bought Jasmine and it stunk and didn't smell like the flower at all, but more like the flower pot it was grown in. I returned that one. I don't like chocolate scented either. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lol @StraytoStay about the flower pot comment! I totally know what you mean! I read a few reviews that said it smelled like a bouquet of dead funeral flowers, lol.  I thought that was apropos!

Super Contributor

The Kat Von D Metals/Matte eye shadow pallette. I couldn't wait. I already bought it and love love love it!!!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

The Kat Von D Metals/Matte eye shadow pallette. I couldn't wait. I already bought it and love love love it!!!

That is on my wish list! I really want it and almost just bought it myself but I really don't *need* another palette so I thought I'd just play the odds and see if I eventually get it for a birthday or Christmas present. I won't be sad if I don't get it, although I kick myself for not getting some of her other palettes from several years ago knowing what I know now, but if I DO get it, I will be so very happy! Smiley Happy Glad to hear you love it!

Respected Contributor

After reading about goat milk soaps, I found the company Bend Soap out of Oregon.  They make their products out of goat milk and all natural ingredients so I'm putting one of their gift baskets on my wish list. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze

I hope you get it too!  I know it's $60, but for the amount of shadows you get and the quality, it's worth every penny. I have lots of others too...NYX, Stila, IT, but I pick up that Kat Von D every morning. I'd put that bug in hubby's ear quick before it sells out. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Fragrance, and more fragrance!

1. La Vie Est Belle

2. Sofia by Sofia Vergara

3. Juicy Couture

4. Clinique Elixir

5. Tresor

6. Daisy

I just love fragrances and especially love them in the fall and winter months, I also want some more Angel...... 

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@MercysMom - I just checked it out online & wow! It looks so nice!

What are the metallics like? I couldn't really tell from the pictures I saw. I am not a fan of glittery/sparkly but a little sheen may be OK.

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@HappyDaze

I hope you get it too!  I know it's $60, but for the amount of shadows you get and the quality, it's worth every penny. I have lots of others too...NYX, Stila, IT, but I pick up that Kat Von D every morning. I'd put that bug in hubby's ear quick before it sells out. 

@MercysMom The cost isn't a problem at all, just that I have so many other palettes. The palette is huge too, love that. She has the best packaging, imo. I'm sure hubby is already on it, lol. Cat Wink