Regular Contributor

Re: Holiday beauty items- what is on your wish list?

I would love to receive any of Josie Maran's body butters in the large size.  I purchased one of her holiday body butters last year, but I can't stand the scent of it.  I can't even describe it, but it stinks.  I'd rather have the unscented or Vanilla Pear.  Not gonna hold my breath tho'.  My DH didn't even acknowledge our 23rd wedding anniversary on Oct. 9th.  I know he didn't forget because it is my best friend's birthday.  My birthday is 12/16 and his is 12/05.  Guess I won't be petty and nasty and pretend to forget his birthday.  That would be really tacky and not gonna stoop to that level!Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Beauty items I was hoping for I purchased for myself when I received the email from Laura Mercier with a 25% discount.  No one would buy me beauty items so I shop for myself and it still feels good.  Cat Very Happy

A wish list is just that- a wish. Who fulfills that wish doesn't matter, be it a loved one, spouse, friend or yourself. Smiley Happy I always have a wish list that gets updated all the time and sometimes I buy things off that list myself and other times my friends/family/loved ones get things for me. however it works out, it all makes me happy! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh my, I need to look to see what is out there. Right now do not have a thing on my list. I usually have a running list but not right now for some odd reason.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Texussgal wrote:

I would love to receive any of Josie Maran's body butters in the large size.  I purchased one of her holiday body butters last year, but I can't stand the scent of it.  I can't even describe it, but it stinks.  I'd rather have the unscented or Vanilla Pear.  Not gonna hold my breath tho'.  My DH didn't even acknowledge our 23rd wedding anniversary on Oct. 9th.  I know he didn't forget because it is my best friend's birthday.  My birthday is 12/16 and his is 12/05.  Guess I won't be petty and nasty and pretend to forget his birthday.  That would be really tacky and not gonna stoop to that level!Smiley Mad

@Texussgal first of all, I am sorry abuot your husband not acknowledging your 23rd anniversary. That would make me really sad if that happened to me. Smiley Sad My 16 year is coming up so this hits home for me.

Also, regarding Josie's body butters, I like the performance of them but I really do not like her scents as they often do not even fit the name! I don't know how she can get the scents so wrong?? Because of that, I have stopped buying them. It is too bad though because, like I said, they work really well.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze the peppermint bark is right on, if you might like that scent. The vanilla bean smells like Cool Whip to me, but it's mild & I'm used to her stronger scented butters. There's been some I didn't like (orange creamsicle, cherry pie, crème brulé, and vanilla amber I would not recommend) but, there's always unscented, too. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a Lise Watier lipstick set at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada but I need to take a better look. The store sections off their prestige makeup and skin care lines from their drug store lines and I seldom browse the prestige side of the store as the sales people are all over you like a cheap suit.

By the way, if you are in Canada and collect points through their Optimum loyalty card, their program is going to be ending and at the current time, they don't say officially when but a sales associate said that you likely have to redeem them by March 27, 2017 so I've been looking at their fragrances and prestige makeup and skin care lines to see what I want to get.

Respected Contributor

I would really like a gift card to Sephora or Ulta.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Hello, HappyDaze. Smiley Happy

My beauty wish list is small. I want to try Nick Chavez' Traditions Aloe Volumizing Gel Whip and maybe Nick's Diva Hollywood Starlet Shine Spray.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I want this battery-operated massaging / shampoo brush!...it vibrates.Woman Happy I have scleroderma hands and it's been a real problem for me to scrub my scalp. I told my friend about it and hopefully she'll tell Santa.Woman Very Happy

VITAGOODS BRUSH

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

Beauty