Respected Contributor

Re: High-end products that you think are terrible

@birkin baby wrote:

For me, WEN was a big, greasy, yet strangely straw-like let down.😕 It Cosmetics eyeshadow palette was underwhelming.

Same here. Some of the ones with the most menthol burned my scalp or I had a bad reaction and made my skin  brake out in hives/rashes  and the  ones  that  worked well for me did nothing better than any of my regular  shampoos. I liked the kids, bamboo but it did nothing special for me  as far as  benefits. I can buy a paul mitchell liter set  and will last 10x longer  and give me better looking hair

Respected Contributor

Abba Volume Shampoo.  I was excited to buy this for its very natural and vegan  but  I  got no volume from it.  It coated my hair in a weird way  and the conditioner was so very "liquid"  it ran out of my hands  and lost more product than i was able to use.  Now I prefer a conditioner that is fluid but not that fluid. The real deal breaker was the smell. It smelled good but it was way too strong and over powering. I eventually threw it out. I hate it when I buy an expensive brand and it does not live up to they hype

Respected Contributor

Oh shoot -- I totally forgot I created this thread.

I can't say I've ever used anything super high-end but ...

I wasn't gaga over Wen.  Maybe I just used it wrong, I don't know.  I tried Josie Maran's face moisturizer with SPF (can't remember what it was called) -- hated it.  I don't find that Laura Geller eyeshadows give very much pigmentation.  I'm not a huge fan of Urban Decay's glittery eyeshadows.  

Valued Contributor

WEN, for drying out my hair and weighing it down.

Bare Minerals barely covers and made my skin so dry and pores more prominent.

Purity made my face feel like it was burning so bad, I could not get it off quick enough And my face was beet red for an hour (or more) after using.

Lancome visionnaire, made a ot of claims for a hefty price tag and I am not sure it did anything!

PTR spot lightening treatment was a joke, no results after 5  months of use.

MUFE, concealer and eyeliners were a waste. No coverage and the liner formula dragged along the eye.

Oh I could go on, but I am getting disgusted looking at this list so far and realizing how much money I wasted just on these items.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

WEN, a horrible product. My hair was dry, less shiny and no bounce and started to get thin! After I stopped using it my hair went back to its beautiful self. Wen is the worst product ever and I used it correctly!

WEN is such a joke! I agree it is awful. Give me lather and rensl shampoo any day over greasy drippy gummy WEN.

Yes! give me a ton of lather and cleansing the cuticle and pores in the scalp and a good conditioner, and it put that greasy,nasty thick goop of Wen to the dumpster. Yes it is a joke.                                                      bamasec

Trusted Contributor

Too many cosmetics to name. Plus,high end perfumes give me a headache. I use fragrance that are found in boutiques with the exception of Tova and amazing grace which I love. 

Respected Contributor

Like everything, certain products just don't work for everyone...I tried when few years back...followed direction to a T, bought right  Wen for my hair type and...left my hair, hair and scalp greasy, my scalp also brokeout with small bumpie white heads, and scalp was so itchy...the worst shampoo I ever used...I'm glad it works for all you Wen girls though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bamasec wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

WEN, a horrible product. My hair was dry, less shiny and no bounce and started to get thin! After I stopped using it my hair went back to its beautiful self. Wen is the worst product ever and I used it correctly!

WEN is such a joke! I agree it is awful. Give me lather and rensl shampoo any day over greasy drippy gummy WEN.

Yes! give me a ton of lather and cleansing the cuticle and pores in the scalp and a good conditioner, and it put that greasy,nasty thick goop of Wen to the dumpster. Yes it is a joke.                                                      bamasec

I perfectly understand - this thread is about "complaining and venting" about some products some people do not like for themselves.

I would not dare even start mentioning the products I personally do not like, or find to be "terrible" and not worth my money. Simply because my list of such products would be way too long! Of course.

Why? Simply because there are a handful of products I LOVE and USE and I absolutely DO NOT even CARE about the rest, as they do not compare in quality and value to my favorites skin, hair and beauty products.

With that, I also understand those products I personally do not like - they DO WORK for others perfectly well, as they are buying and using these products.

So what is the point of this thread? To trash some labels? Okay. Have fun with it!

And, on the lighter note about WEN that only yesterday started their annual June Gallons Sale, here is a quote from a "Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered" count:

May 29, 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

5/29 -- 11,000 gallons (11:00am) -- Cucumber Aloe (CA) SOLD OUT (11:00am) -- 12,000 gallons (11:11am) -- Cucumber Aloe gallons became available again that afternoon (I checked the availability periodically), but CA gallons seemed permanently sold out when I checked again at 6:45pm -- Pomegranate (POM) is "most popular" and most limited" (10:10pm) -- 17,500 gallons (10:12pm) -- 18,000 gallons (10:19pm) -- 21,000 gallons (11:15pm) -- the Wen show went until midnight but that was the last time the host shared the gallons total.

Total Gallons listings -- the general gallons numbers reflect the total number of gallons that have been sold.

Individual Formula listings -- listing for individual formulas (e.g. Cucumber Aloe) reflect the number of gallons that are still available for purchase before that formula will sell out. Once individual formulas sell out, they will not be available again in the gallon size until June 2017.

This was only from a Day One of WEN June Gallon selling, and only from Cucumber and Pomegranate Gallons. There are several other scents not even mentioned in this quote.  Quite impressive count, is not it?  People actually buying this "terrible" product in huge Gallon Sizes, not only in regular size  bottles. Oh, they must not "know what they're doing"?

And it is perfectly understandable, that others may continue to use their favorite "ton of lather" shampoo, if they prefer doing so.

Esteemed Contributor

p.s. speaking about the money people did spend on a Day One of Wen Gallons. Another quote"

* 21,000 Wen Gallons ordered so far

* each of these Wen Gallons sells for ar least $177 (plus shipping and tax)

So that brings last night's QVC Wen Gallons total to at least $3,717,000... lol, so of course QVC is happy to have Wen Gallons month!! Smiley Wink

People only spend that kind of money when they know that they are purchasing a top quality product... and that's all that's in the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@bamasec wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

I perfectly understand - this thread is about "complaining and venting" about some products some people do not like for themselves.

I would not dare even start mentioning the products I personally do not like, or find to be "terrible" and not worth my money. Simply because my list of such products would be way too long! Of course.

Why? Simply because there are a handful of products I LOVE and USE and I absolutely DO NOT even CARE about the rest, as they do not compare in quality and value to my favorites skin, hair and beauty products.

With that, I also understand those products I personally do not like - they DO WORK for others perfectly well, as they are buying and using these products.

So what is the point of this thread? To trash some labels? Okay. Have fun with it!

And, on the lighter note about WEN that only yesterday started their annual June Gallons Sale, here is a quote from a "Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered" count:

May 29, 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

5/29 -- 11,000 gallons (11:00am) -- Cucumber Aloe (CA) SOLD OUT (11:00am) -- 12,000 gallons (11:11am) -- Cucumber Aloe gallons became available again that afternoon (I checked the availability periodically), but CA gallons seemed permanently sold out when I checked again at 6:45pm -- Pomegranate (POM) is "most popular" and most limited" (10:10pm) -- 17,500 gallons (10:12pm) -- 18,000 gallons (10:19pm) -- 21,000 gallons (11:15pm) -- the Wen show went until midnight but that was the last time the host shared the gallons total.

Total Gallons listings -- the general gallons numbers reflect the total number of gallons that have been sold.

Individual Formula listings -- listing for individual formulas (e.g. Cucumber Aloe) reflect the number of gallons that are still available for purchase before that formula will sell out. Once individual formulas sell out, they will not be available again in the gallon size until June 2017.

This was only from a Day One of WEN June Gallon selling, and only from Cucumber and Pomegranate Gallons. There are several other scents not even mentioned in this quote.  Quite impressive count, is not it?  People actually buying this "terrible" product in huge Gallon Sizes, not only in regular size  bottles. Oh, they must not "know what they're doing"?

And it is perfectly understandable, that others may continue to use their favorite "ton of lather" shampoo, if they prefer doing so.

@sonechkoYes, I do believe so.

BTW, you fancy fonter and colorer, I had to find a different color and and a larger font to distinguish the sentence in you post to which I'm responding. Smiley Tongue

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland