Honored Contributor

Re: Hi I'm beauty junkie,thread killer!!

Argyll........hope you are OK up there at La Farmette.

It's been a month, and I'm finally getting used to the hard floor......it now looks like
"home" when I walk in the door. As for the car.......I'm still forgetting to shift into 6th. I do not know why they have to keep adding more.....

Had to return the Q's earrings......next time, I will believe the reviews.

And........I got the mean old furbag another chicken, which improved her disposition a whole lot!!!!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Reporting in from La Farmette Frozen North: astounding below zero temps,and I am a life-long Great Lakes Region Gal! This AM,it was 18 below zero--it is now zero. "But it's a DRY cold"-- a little AZ joke for my buddy DesertDi. Good thing we are on a propane budget plan,but that just means a spring time surprise. Some of the "vintage" windows are iced over; we have to add warm water to the heated bird water dish and feeding Orangey as much wet and dry cat food as we can before the stuff freezes on his whiskers! So wish we could entice him inside to the basement,but he's an Outdoors kinda guy.

Appliance Saga Update: waiting on the new washer/dryer,this arctic cold is holding up everything. In the meantime,I am letting the local cleaners do the wash and fold service;this is the reason why I haven't exploded! It's nice having someone else do laundry!

And as so many things come in threes: my Cuisinart coffee maker really did go kaput after 14 months on the job. Natch,the thing is still under a 3 year warranty,BUT I have to pay for shipping both ways if I want the same unit as a replacement; they can't send a different model. SO,back to Amazon and I just ordered the newer,improved design because it was simply easier. These companies are now just making stuff to last only so long and make it just plain easier to get a new one. Grrrrr

Wishing all my TKK pals happy days and good health!

Miss B to Princess FB: keep workin' that chicken on demand program! Meow Power Love!

Honored Contributor

Reporting in from Frozen New City, New York. I'm enjoying the same lovely Tundra-like weather {#emotions_dlg.blink} that Argyll is. I had to go out today and even though I was bundled up in layers of clothing, wore a thick wool hat and mittens and winter boots, that brutal cold permeated everything and I still can't get the cold out of my system, so to speak.

beauty.. I am still praying with all of my heart that your precious kitty Pal has finally returned home.

Wishing all of you a warm and pleasant evening.Smile

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^={#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

This just in from Joisey:

Hi k-k-k-kuzzins! (That's my teeth chattering!) It was 3* today, but tonight the temp has increased to a walloping 9* (we're havin' a heatwave!) We have frozen pipes and icy old windows, too. But I can't complain--poor Argyll and beastie! Today I stayed put, but tomorrow it's back to business as usual (monkey business that is!)

beastie--My very favorite cuz lives in New City! Now I have two kuzzins there!

Ooh--for winter pallor, I love BareMinerals Bronzing Mineral Veil--just enough warmth and glow to keep me from looking like Morticia! Hahahaha!

Reporting in from Joisey, this is Loopy, signing off with a reminder that a chicken a day keeps the kitty blues away!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.We had in the 40's last night and 50 right now,its been wonderful.Tomorrow back to 8o though and not happy about it.I had to go to the Dr for chest pains but its not the heart,just an arthritic condition of the ribcage which can feel like a heart attack and biy it sure odes hurt.But knowing I am not about to drop from a bad heart makes it more bearable.Cookie so hates the cold she went under the blanket last night and didn't come out till 5 in the afternoon today,she is so like her Dad.He is a popsicle,lol

Dorothy and beastie thank you so much for asking about Pal.No sign of him and I fear he is gone.My hubby said Pal has lived pretty long with us for being a Tom cat,been feeding him for over 3 years.I wish we could have given him a home.My heart is broken.My Dr said my stress level wll give me a heart attack if I don't calm down.

Ok no more Debby Downer.My good news is I had my hair done and she fixed my mess. I am no longer mousy auburn but very highlighted,light blonde with dark brown finely blended it and a nice spikey cut,looks so good.I am so glad she fixed up my mess.No more messing around with different stylists.Had a nice compliment form the woman who washes hair,we were discussing our ages,she turned 58 in Dec and I told her I turned 59 in Nov.She said you have amazing skin,have you had procedures done.I said no nothing ever and she was amazed.I said with what I spend on skincare,you just made it worthwhile.lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Greetings{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just got back from the sports club (went to take a Zumba class), but before the class started I sat in the sauna for 15 minutes and for the first time in days I was finally warm and toasty again and it felt so-o-o-o wonderful!!!

As I was walking to the Zumba class I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and my face was so nice and rosy...such a nice change from my usual Death Warmed Over winter pallor!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Loopy... That is so great that you have a relative who lives where I do! Where in Jersey are you? My brother also lives in NJ because he married a Jersey Girl!

beauty... I will continue to keep praying that Pal will show up again. I remember last year he was gone for about 10 days and he came back to you. Another miracle can still happen.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^={#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Well, I decided to "ramp up" my exercise program for the new year. I can hardly move, today(!) Guess I need a new resolution.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Happy Fur-Day Everyone!

Wishing all of you a very pleasant and pawsome day today!

beauty... I'm so glad that your beloved Pal came back home! I told you that miracles still happen every day and Pal's return just proved it!

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

BJ...........you better get that naughty, wandering boy his own chicken coop

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

bj--I'm so glad that Pal is back! See--that's how it is when you're a Mama--some of 'em are compliant homebodies, but there's always one (or more!) who's a loner, a rebel, who marches--or struts--to a different drummer! That's our guy Pal! The trick is not to get 'panicklized' as my Grandma used to say, or they could wear us down to a nub!!

beastie--I'm right smack dab in the middle! Where are your brother and that lucky Jersey Girl?!