Respected Contributor
On 3/29/2015 beastielove said:

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing everyone a very pleasant,peaceful and pawsome day and hoping that all is well with you and your precious furbabies too.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Hi, beastie. Your greetings are much appreciated.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all you gorgeous babes!

I'll share this with you and try to keep the sordid details short. My MIL passed away the last week of January rather unexpectedly. She was not unhealthy. Okay, my FIL carries on about how he misses her, or so we think. Three weeks later he takes up with a female 30 years younger than he is and he's in love! He tosses out 51 years of marriage for this unattractive female. He's got some bucks in the bank and she's helping him enjoy the rest of his time on earth he says. We want him to enjoy life but not with this gold digger who has designated him to be her sugar daddy. My MIL's wishes was to have her children receive this and that but now that too is history. It's a shame, a scandal, and nothing can be done about it at all.

Now, I'm getting my dander up so I will have to go and get a facial of sort, color my roots, and possibly buy a new purse. I kinda think the retailers and the cosmetic industry have all the bases covered when it comes to us females. We even purchase when we are emotionally bothered, as well as eat more chocolate.

I'm in a thread killer mood!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Holy Toledo, Roses...........can somebody talk to the FIL about making a new will? Of course, that won't help if he spends it all on women, fast cars, etc. I live in an area with a lot of old ladies.......and they are all man-happy. Recent widowers are especially vulnerable, because they are lonely, and suddenly have nobody "to take care of them". I suppose it works both ways, but I would rather hire a handyman, take a trip by myself, show up at a wedding or other occasion "stag"................. but many of my girlfriends think I should "get a man". (Frankly, I don't see any advantage!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Oh no! HauteLook just popped up in my email with Laura Geller........I ordered a couple eye shadows. The Kitty made me do it..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

DesertDi - My FIL is 30 years older than the new 'squeeze'. She's married to boot! No he wont' make out a trust or will because he thinks he'll live to enjoy many more years with this person. He honestly stood up for her and defended her when we confronted him. I told my husband that it seemed when the wife (MIL) died, all attachment went with her and you and your sister are history as well. He is not the biological dad but he did legally adopt them in the marriage. My late MIL was 14 years older than my FIL so we think he feels he's going to have some young stuff while he can. Don't think he will have as much fun as he imagines as he's got lung and kidney cancer along with a botched knee replacement. He's a low down dirty dog and she is immoral and not attractive in any way. I told him he could do better and that there were many ladies who would like to keep company with him - NOT that person. She moved in fast, two weeks after my MIL passed away.

Now, we have distanced ourselves from him and we will continue on in life without him and will only know of him when we read about him in the obituaries.

I threw out an old lipstick from the late 1970's I believe. It was when Diane Von Furstenberg had her first make up line. I think it was time to let it go along with some memories. It had faded so badly and I hadn't even used it in almost 30 years! The case was metal and that's not done anymore. Yikes, where did the time go!

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Love Roses said:

DesertDi - My FIL is 30 years older than the new 'squeeze'. She's married to boot! No he wont' make out a trust or will because he thinks he'll live to enjoy many more years with this person. He honestly stood up for her and defended her when we confronted him. I told my husband that it seemed when the wife (MIL) died, all attachment went with her and you and your sister are history as well. He is not the biological dad but he did legally adopt them in the marriage. My late MIL was 14 years older than my FIL so we think he feels he's going to have some young stuff while he can. Don't think he will have as much fun as he imagines as he's got lung and kidney cancer along with a botched knee replacement. He's a low down dirty dog and she is immoral and not attractive in any way. I told him he could do better and that there were many ladies who would like to keep company with him - NOT that person. She moved in fast, two weeks after my MIL passed away.

Now, we have distanced ourselves from him and we will continue on in life without him and will only know of him when we read about him in the obituaries.

I threw out an old lipstick from the late 1970's I believe. It was when Diane Von Furstenberg had her first make up line. I think it was time to let it go along with some memories. It had faded so badly and I hadn't even used it in almost 30 years! The case was metal and that's not done anymore. Yikes, where did the time go!

Yikes! If this "vixen" has a husband.........it could be a "con game" (or maybe I read too many mysteries.) You are absolutely right to distance yourself from this awful situation.

I had to admit it, but I also have a couple old "gold" compacts.....the kind that Revlon used to make as holiday gifts.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Desertdi said:
On 4/1/2015 Love Roses said:

Yikes! If this "vixen" has a husband.........it could be a "con game" (or maybe I read too many mysteries.) You are absolutely right to distance yourself from this awful situation.

I had to admit it, but I also have a couple old "gold" compacts.....the kind that Revlon used to make as holiday gifts.

Right as rain it's a con game.

I have some old eyebrow pencils I have to toss out as well. So sad, I outlived them all!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor
On 3/31/2015 Love Roses said:

Hi all you gorgeous babes!

I'll share this with you and try to keep the sordid details short. My MIL passed away the last week of January rather unexpectedly. She was not unhealthy. Okay, my FIL carries on about how he misses her, or so we think. Three weeks later he takes up with a female 30 years younger than he is and he's in love! He tosses out 51 years of marriage for this unattractive female. He's got some bucks in the bank and she's helping him enjoy the rest of his time on earth he says. We want him to enjoy life but not with this gold digger who has designated him to be her sugar daddy. My MIL's wishes was to have her children receive this and that but now that too is history. It's a shame, a scandal, and nothing can be done about it at all.

Now, I'm getting my dander up so I will have to go and get a facial of sort, color my roots, and possibly buy a new purse. I kinda think the retailers and the cosmetic industry have all the bases covered when it comes to us females. We even purchase when we are emotionally bothered, as well as eat more chocolate.

I'm in a thread killer mood!

My condolences to you on both your MIL's passing and the situation with your FIL. I've seen this situation happen all to often in my own family. When my mother had a stroke and then passed away 6 months later, my father had already taken up with some woman he met. He basically deserted all of us kids. Then when all his money was gone, the lady dumped him in our opinion. She said he had temper issues and she grew scared of him which is very possible because he was an abusive father. But I cared for him the last 5 years of his life so my conscience is clean. I just always resented him dropping his kids and grandkids. My son was his first grandchild to graduate college. He swam competitively and my Dad never showed any interest. Invited my Dad to my son's graduation party and he didn't show up, call or anything. Also saw my uncle marry some woman who ended up drinking him under the table (and into an early grave), saw my DIL's father remarry 5 months after her mother passed away and my SIL's brother shortly after his 1st wife passed away. Matter of fact, my husband said tonight he doesn't understand what it is with some of these men who get all caught up in new relationships and abandon their families, especially when the family is in pain from the loss of the loved one. In my family, most of my siblings never forgave my Dad for what he did and in the end I think my Dad was very lonely because his kids just did not visit him much afterwards. So I know what you all are going through and I really feel for your family.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

Hi grills! A funny thing happened on the way to the forums (haha!) I had to change my nic--now there's a LurkyLoo, LucyLoo (or something like that) and another something Loo that I just can't remember at the moment--too many loos! (har har!) But it's still me, Loopy! Have been away for a bit--on the return trip, we stopped at a rest stop to buy some breakfast vittles, and a seagull attacked Mr. Loopy! Yes! On the way back to the car, he was holding a piece of scone and suddenly there was flapping and squawking and a seagull swooped down and snatched it right out of his hand! And then it proceeded to sit on the ground right in front of him, and eat it! Then all the relatives decided to join in above our heads! It was like being in an Alfred Hitchcock movie!

Respected Contributor
Hey grills. I keep trying to type a response to the conversation but obliterating the text. I surrender. Going to bed.