Honored Contributor

Hi Silver!     Kitty the Fuzz developed a rash.    Vet not sure what caused it, and said it could possibly be a reaction to the antibiotics or anaesthesia from her oral surgery.     The Vet shaved the rash spots on Kitty so I could put on salve........Poor Kitty..........bald spots.

The bathroom..........sink faucet and toilet both leaking (from old age).     I bought a whole new faucet........the two handle kind.     I never liked those "one handle" things in the first place, but they came with the house.   I hope this is my last repair for the year..........   It's becoming a "money pit".    (If you can't eat it or wear it......I grouse!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Hi @beastielove and @NAES1. Hope you're doing well.

@Desertdi, I had a lot of plumbing problems (not my own personal ones like when I sneeze, lol) a couple of months ago. It's always something with the pipes or the faucets or drains or one of the THRONES.

Your little princess is okay, isn't she? No complications, I hope! Both of my dogs are going to the vet tomorrow for routine stuff so I bathed them this afternoon. The little guy did fine. The other one tried to escape and sloshed water all over me and the bathroom. My cats just laughed at us. 

~~~~~

@Silver Lining    

~What a nice, NICE surprise, Silver Lining to have seen your name hearted to me...I will know you, as ` with so much caring and comments in helping every one on Pet Lovers. 

I really laughed because I have bathed a dog, our sweet doggie, Roonie, who passed many years ago. He lived to age 16, having been diagnosed with diabetes at age 13. 

I kept him with a nurse caregiver who maintained his insulin, checked his glucose Xs 4-6 times a day. He was -here again- a rescue who came to our home and stayed. How much love and enjoyment he gave us! 

Speaking of drains (don't wish to hear it) there is a lady around the village who is always having one kitchen or bath line stopping up -it seems- every 2 months. So, I know just having a plumber out is taking your entire day.  May be you are the DIY handy lady..........?

The last plumber we had was quick and knew exactly where the problem was. What was strange is that he said: most drains are narrow and easily clogged with just toothpaste and shave creme or oily conditions for hair. OR HAIR!

You were with me when our big boy cat, Cream went missing (PL). It will be 2 year this December 02. That was the last time I saw him. I know that you were on with the thread when all of this occurred and will never forget. Time goes quite quickly doesn't it~

You are a good doggie mom (all around pet care lover)...and I definitely have been in a bathed dog SLOSH. INSIDE!!! 

It's becoming very cold here, raining then the temperature is going down to 30s. I call this a more humid chilly day but for many this would affect many with [ S A D  ] effects when summer-to-fall-winter spins around. 

**I want to let YOU know we are feeding a little 2 year old feral cat who lives 90% on our deck/porch, then leaves for shelter under someone's shed next to the woods, at around 9pm, where it is very safe. I would like to have a house built for her but she is still too skittish  >(is that the word?) towards any one...but I keep at it.

She eats the very best and has treats throughout the day. We call her KitTEE... __love her so much__.

She has had a broken left paw/lower leg at one time but has healed at an angle. She can certainly run.

I'll keep you updated when she (haaha) moves in. 

Great seeing Heart you. Do not be a stranger...you were always a great Pet Lover treat to visit with each day. I will always love your screen name. It makesWoman Happy me smile, the same as @jubilant's name. 

_Not an easy sale

{NAES}

^^^^ abbrev.  ...too many spaces? 

Honored Contributor

Di... Hoping that poor Kitty's rash has cleared up and that she's not in too much discomfort.

Wishing you,Silver and NAES a very peaceful remainder of the day. :-)

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

>^..^<    Hi from The Kitty!    I'm feeling better, but we talked to the vet on Friday.......and I may go back for a follow-up next week.   Gotta make sure I'm OK.    Purrs to everybody........mmmmrrroooooooow!

Trying to decide whether to get a "heat-it-at-home" turkey dinner from Sprouts............or dust off the pots and pans and actually COOK.    So far, the take-out is winning. Heart di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

>^..^<    Hi from The Kitty!    I'm feeling better, but we talked to the vet on Friday.......and I may go back for a follow-up next week.   Gotta make sure I'm OK.    Purrs to everybody........mmmmrrroooooooow!

Trying to decide whether to get a "heat-it-at-home" turkey dinner from Sprouts............or dust off the pots and pans and actually COOK.    So far, the take-out is winning. Heart di

Hi Kitty

So glad that you're feline much better! Maybe your mom will give you your own turkey on Thanksgiving! No such luck here...our mommy is giving us the kind of turkey that comes in the can!! Bummer!!  Cat Mad

Hugz...

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving from The Kitty Sisters !!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving from The Kitty Sisters !!!!!

Wishing the Kitty Sisters Cat LOLCat LOL and everyone else..a Happy and Chill-laxing Thanksgiving!!

beastie and her catnip crazed kittehs..

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack!

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@beastielove, @Desertdi@NAES1, hope my dear grills are all hale and hearty! My furbabies were so happy to have me back at home. I have some new neighbors right next door and they are super nice.

My very good friend down the street from me is 'only' fifty-six but she has had a rough time lately with various things.  She retired with twenty-five years and good benefits but now her elderly widowed father has health problems and is even more demanding than previously although she has siblings who should help.......a familiar story to many of us.......  Anyway, one of her much-loved cats is critically ill and is being fed with a dropper and my friend's father can't understand why she can't just up and drive to another state every time he calls.

@Desertdi, I hope Kitty is all better now and her luxurious fur coat is back to normal from the rash and buzz cut.

XOXOXO, good buddies!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining      How nice to see you again, always such a treat....

I am never surprised when I read of parents becoming disabled or suddenly ill, but Silver, that could almost apply to anyone, at any age, especially a spouse. I was sorry in hearing about your good friend (neighborhood) having two very serious problems whittling her at the same time. 

I certainly can relate to very critically ill pets;it is very difficult to 'just leave' ...and go. I am assuming there is absolutely no one else, at this time, in the family who can help her?

As I have read, the siblings are not/will not be there for DAD...you are so very correct...a familial story, indeed. What is happening to the morals and support in coming together as each taking _turns_ with DAD, possibly 77+ OR even older. 

When you mentioned her ill cat being fed with an eye dropper, this tells me...a lot of care 24/7! 

"....wondering if DAD would understand until she could make arrangements hiring a part time caregiver assistant, or if she could take ill fur baby with her"....?

I was reared absolutely different. Family come 1st.

I can understand from another perspective...DAD is elderly, along with health issues.....that's closer to 80 than maybe what she assumes, SINCE there is no wife, though.

My sense tells me that some type of 'plan' is or should be in the making, accordingly- for his needs.

He may be demanding and with good cause, but since I do not know each child's Relationship with dad, that's a tough call.

Keep me posted. I may be able to suggest another route. I just can 'not' be open minded to leaving __anyone of that age alone__BEING ALONE. 

Good for you...great neighbors. That is becoming a 'new rare', depending geographically where one lives.

I am rather secured away n a wooded lovely area. Not very heavily populated...every one is as family. 

Silver, no one knows what it is to be OLDER until they experience it, by that I mean ...family considers the elderly as almost invisible or a huge problem. AND! It is becoming worse- day by day. To me, I consider a 'N' home as my (if or when, but know it not to happen to us...)*our son*  would make CARE of that. BUT! If severally ill/or almost dying, I believe I would always opt to be at home under the care a a Professional.

"More people should have a Living Will"! I know we do, even though we are some _Light Years_ away. 

It's great to hear that you and your little buddie companions are well...while taking care of YOU. I am so very happy for you. Keep me updated -more- what your health and day to day fun time stories are all about.

Hugs to you, little love squeezes for your Girls. I am so thankful you are BACK home, where you are needed and belong.

Silver Lining, " thank you for contacting me; I just did not receive that much information on you...for some time" 

God Bless You, 

NAES

We are very fine. 

ps: I have not done any shopping and have no problem with that. Maybe, next week? I can not think of one thing anyone needs.

....that's how I get through the beautiful holiday seasons, I do everything approximately 1 ONE week before. I stay in a stress free enviroment, mentally....++++physially. Hope to talk with YOU very soon. Blessings, as always.

Honored Contributor

>^..^<    Dear Tabitha, Samantha, Olivia, Henry & Jack.............My mama made me nice juicy hamburgers for the holiday weekend!    Oh my.......I really loved them..............now my problem is:    How do I get MORE!   

PS:    My fur coat still looks kinda shabby.........    Your Cuz, Kitty the Fuzz 

♥Surface of the Sun♥