Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Hiya Beastie!     I'm here........just wilting in the heat.......dog days of August.......hot nights are killers.    BUT, I said I wouldn't complain because it was SO cold last winter.

Yup......"birthday month" almost here.    Kitty examined the budget and said it would be OK to get a few birthday items.    So, Mama Cat bought a pair of Dan Post boots.....and a $15 handbag from Ross.     I am one krazy kat(!)   My husband woulda called it "price averaging"...........di

Same thing here...whenever we get those endless 90+ days and nights I don't compalin either. Rather put up with the heat instead of days of way below zero temps,3,000 feet of snow,frozen pipes and icy roads!!! Praying that this winter is a mild one!!!!

What are Dan Post boots? Never heard of the brand. My birthday is in June so since my birthstone is the pearl I always treat myself to something (keeping the price point within reason!) from Honora or a piece from Or Paz that has a pearl in it.

Wishing you a fabulous day!  :-)

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Just stopping by to wish everyone a very pleasant day! :-)

--------------------------------------------

Respected Contributor

Glad to see my grills are doing well. Beastie, hopefully you've seen where I had hearted your recent posts about the adoptions and your work with helping to make them happen. Di, I got worried about you after seeing your posts about the things going on in your community. I'm glad you had a fence put in for more security. I like living alone but it is a challenge sometimes when 'one' has to deal with repairs and safety issues. 

I had plumbing work done recently in the kitchen and bathrooms and my little guy (Yorkie rescue) was nervous during and after having strangers going in and out of the house. My other dog never says a word but my cats were NOT PLEASED. I thought about you and Princess Frou Frou and the flooring, roofing, and everything else you've dealt with, including the doofus neighbor and his 'gardner'...............

Will close for now. Talk to you later.

Honored Contributor

Wednesday Evening Greetings

Silver... Thank you for  the heart and your kind words.I did indeed see that the heart was from you when I checked to see who had given it to me. :-)

Di... Hoping that all is well in your neck of the woods...or should I say desert... and that the heat spell has finally ended!

Honored Contributor

Friday Evening Greetings

Wishing everyone a very peaceful night and a totally pawsome and chill-laxing week-end!!! 

-------------------------------------------

Honored Contributor

Hi y'all!   August going out with another heat wave.   At least my neighborhood got a good downpour yesterday afternoon.......and the roof didn't leak!   Of course, that made steam heat today.......but the "end" is in sight! di

>^..^<.........I'm waiting for the Big Full Supermoon.......my mama got me some of my favorites to eat.......ya know.......livers, hearts, giblets......mrrrrow!   Yum yum yum.........Kitty

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Glad to see my grills are doing well. Beastie, hopefully you've seen where I had hearted your recent posts about the adoptions and your work with helping to make them happen. Di, I got worried about you after seeing your posts about the things going on in your community. I'm glad you had a fence put in for more security. I like living alone but it is a challenge sometimes when 'one' has to deal with repairs and safety issues. 

I had plumbing work done recently in the kitchen and bathrooms and my little guy (Yorkie rescue) was nervous during and after having strangers going in and out of the house. My other dog never says a word but my cats were NOT PLEASED. I thought about you and Princess Frou Frou and the flooring, roofing, and everything else you've dealt with, including the doofus neighbor and his 'gardner'...............

I trust Princes Frou Frou's instincts.........and she hates men.......especially men wearing black shoes.   I think she was treated badly before she came to live with me  (walked in the back door during a nasty winter rainstorm).  Luckily, my handyman wears white sneakers........but anybody else, her fur stands on end........... di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of you dear Grills a very pleasant,peaceful and blessed day. Heart

-------------------------------------------

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing everyone a nice,mellow day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings each of you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

I trust Princes Frou Frou's instincts.........and she hates men.......especially men wearing black shoes.   I think she was treated badly before she came to live with me  (walked in the back door during a nasty winter rainstorm).  Luckily, my handyman wears white sneakers........but anybody else, her fur stands on end........... di

Reminds me of a story. I'm with Mll.Kitty on the subject. Several years ago I visited four humane society shelters within a fifty mile range, looking for a new companion for my big lab-mix. She was an alpha female, top dog, leader of the pack. Her "baby" was a little squirt with health problems that the shelter asked me to take. He lived about a year and Scout was heartbroken until I could find another suitable companion for her. It had to be a smallish male. 

I was about to leave a shelter when they decided to take me to meet a smallish dog they had quarrantined. The people who brought him in said he was vicious and had tried to attack a man. The shelter suspected otherwise and later determined that he could be adopted but only by a female just to be on the safe side. I walked him and returned to do the same the next day. They said he didn't like men and I said neither do I. That's not really true but I'll spare ya'll the details. I brought him home and Scout loved him. When she died I adopted my little Yorkie (survivor of a puppy mill). We three and the kittehs are living happily ever after.

Anyhoooooo, Princess von Kitty knows what she's talkin' about.