Esteemed Contributor

Hi All You Gorgeous Beauties!

I am searching for cosmetics that won't melt on my face. I've got warm flushes and hot flashes going on. Most stuff will fade quickly or just melt away. You have any recommendations. With millions of ladies ageing and going through menopause, yad think the cosmetic companies would come up with a solution.

I'm off on my broom!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Why do people keep telling me that I look so much better wearing my glasses....and I should wear them all the time? Do they mean there's something "odd looking" about my plain eyes, and I need to disguise them?????? Of course, they also insist that contact lenses are "bad" for my eyes........ (I've been wearing them for over 50 years.)

Edited to add: I only need a correction (a strong one) in my right eye, and only wear one contact. Maybe I should buy a monocle??????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

EeeeeeeeeOwwwwwww (Kitty squeal).......My Borghese mud is on the truck for delivery! I can't wait to try this stuff!!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Hello all!

DesertFlowerDi--first,do investigate new contact lenses: there are newer and better ways to correct vision in one eye now. (Better than going around looking slightly surprised in one eye,while the non-lens eye is more relaxed.) Two,glasses have become a big fashion statement and no doubt,you chose a very hip and chic style so that will attract compliments,my desert hottie!! The whole contacts vs. glasses thing is a remnant of the 50's and 60's "Girls who wear glasses..etc." so we can stop torturing ourselves! As a sister-in-visual-fog,I get this totally. I also wore contact lenses from age 13 on and only gave them up at age 50 because of the reading issue. Bonus benefit? Way fewer wrinkles at the corners of my eyes and,because my eyes aren't dried out and burning from tiredness and dry lenses,I look less cranky (I stress-"look" 'cause the lava is pretty close to the surface!) It is very liberating to wear cool glasses,so enjoy it,gorgeous!!

GREEN is the word here and it is so beautiful--lilacs are popping and flowering trees are at their best; wish my SW sisters could enjoy this for a spell (if allergies aren't a problem for you,even better!)

BeastieLove--a heads up: our friend Mercury is in retro from May 18-June 11 so you know-

Lola and I send our meowy best to all

xoxo

Honored Contributor

I just turned on the Q.......and it wasn't there........well, not on the channel it used to be. Last Friday, I spent two hours writing out a list of the newly scrambled channels......and they are changed again! Does everybody's cable provider do this?????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

It's chilly here tonight........and I just accidentally made myself a "Logo look"..........denim leggings, short patio-type shift, and a tie-front sweater. Maybe I'll have to tune in to some of Lori's shows............(I had never thought it would work for me).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Spent yesterday playing ""handyman"".........door fell off bathroom vanity.......actually the wood shrunk and pulled the hinges out of the frame. (Kinda dry here)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Haven't got a clue as to why........but I was asked to change my nic this a.m.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
On 5/13/2015 desertDi said:

Haven't got a clue as to why........but I was asked to change my nic this a.m.

Same here but I just put in my same one and it was accepted.
Respected Contributor
On 5/8/2015 Argyll said:

Hello all!

DesertFlowerDi--first,do investigate new contact lenses: there are newer and better ways to correct vision in one eye now. (Better than going around looking slightly surprised in one eye,while the non-lens eye is more relaxed.) Two,glasses have become a big fashion statement and no doubt,you chose a very hip and chic style so that will attract compliments,my desert hottie!! The whole contacts vs. glasses thing is a remnant of the 50's and 60's "Girls who wear glasses..etc." so we can stop torturing ourselves! As a sister-in-visual-fog,I get this totally. I also wore contact lenses from age 13 on and only gave them up at age 50 because of the reading issue. Bonus benefit? Way fewer wrinkles at the corners of my eyes and,because my eyes aren't dried out and burning from tiredness and dry lenses,I look less cranky (I stress-"look" 'cause the lava is pretty close to the surface!) It is very liberating to wear cool glasses,so enjoy it,gorgeous!!

GREEN is the word here and it is so beautiful--lilacs are popping and flowering trees are at their best; wish my SW sisters could enjoy this for a spell (if allergies aren't a problem for you,even better!)

BeastieLove--a heads up: our friend Mercury is in retro from May 18-June 11 so you know-

Lola and I send our meowy best to all

xoxo

Hi, Argyll (and all TKKs). The upcoming Mercury Retrograde is coming at an especially inconvenient time. I have several "excursions" pending and it's important for them to go smoothly. I've ignored or wasn't even aware we were in a Retrograde sometimes, but have had enough experiences to believe in them.