Honored Contributor

Re: Help needed to find shampoo/styling products for baby fine hair!

Try feeding your hair by taking a supplement, I take Beaute Caps from Consult Beaute sold on Evine. The guy who formulates this supplement is a plastic surgeon and he talks a really good game. I've been taking this product for about 2 months and it has made a big difference in the thickness of my hair. It has not helped my peeling finger nails, but I have great looking skin all over for a senior citizen.LOL I was taking Andrew Lessmans Skin Hair and Nails for about two years before I started this product and this new supplement works better for me. I wear my hair very short and although my hair isn't thick I have a lot of it. I do not color my hair, I don't see how chemicals can be good for someone with fine thin hair. I also use WEN products and love his new texturizing product.

Trusted Contributor

I use Morrocan Oil Extra Body Shampoo and Extra Body Conditioner and like both very much.  They also have a root booster and other hair products.  Tried the hairspray and didn't particularly care for any of those formulations - may give the John Frieda product mentioned above - use a Paul Mitchell extra firm extra body hairspray now and have on and off for a couple of years..

Respected Contributor

If you blow dry your hair TIGI  has a volume shampoo in purple bottle ( can not remember name) that smells like raspberries  that plumps and thickens your hair when heat from the blow dryer is applied. I got that  at beautybrands.  I have fine hair  and I really like  Matrix Total Results High Amplify  and Kenra Platinum Thickening shampoo  I got at beauty brands. You have to let the conditioner sit in your hair a little bit longer than normal to see the benefits. 

macadamia Professional has a formula specifically for fine hair. Its  very light moisterizing so it will not weigh your hair down

Frequent Contributor

Me too.. I have started using Nick Chavez Advanced Plump and Thick Shampoo and Conditioner  ( green bottles) along with his Plump and Thick leave in Conditioning Creme( pink bottle) and his Spray Plump and Thick Styling Mist( green bottle)...I shampoo and condition or sometimes condition on dry hair then shampoo...towel dry , then use the spray mist and blow dry...sometimes I use the leave in conditioning creme after shampooing, then towel dry and blow dry,then use the mist after styling......I also use the pink bottlesof Plump and Thick Shampoo and Conditioner but find the shampoo can be a bit drying.....These shampoos and conditioners are excellent and leave my hair clean and healthy looking....The stylers are very versatile and can be used on damp or dry hair whichever works best for you... They are not  heavy or sticky and do not leave a film on the hair..A little goes a long way.. I hope this helps as I too have tons of products that I am not happy with even though they are top of the line.

I can honestly say this combination of Nick's products have brought my hair back to life!

Respected Contributor

My hair is fine. I tried something that I never thought in a million years would work. I tried tressemme repair and protect  shampoo/conditioner, spray and it make my hair full, thick and soft and looked great air dried. I also tried the leave in spray on its own without shampoo and it added a lot of fullness to my hair.  I am not even into  drugstore brands but I felt this was a real winner. never had residue or anything. Also I often get a BRUSHABLE finishing spray like matrix volume rose or pantene airspray or Nick Chevez amazon spray  threwout my hair and it adds fullness and volume and still you can brush your hair without issues

Honored Contributor

There are a couple of shopping channel shampoos and conditioners that I like; CAJ (on QVC) and Skinn Volumizing (on Evine).  If you want a drugstore product, try the Aussie brand.  I tried this in the past and had good results.  After the recent discussion on the board, I bought some.  I never use the same shampoo & conditioner day after day, indefinitely.  I always rotate them.

I also have an assortment of styling products that I use.  I start with Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Primer - just a couple of spritzes on the ponytail section of my hair (meaning, I don't get it on my scalp).  Lately, I've been having really good results with Kenra products; the Root Lifting Spray, Volumizing Mousse, and the hairspray.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find washing the hair less makes a difference.  I will rinse with water only and allow natural oils to do their thing, sometimes.  Or wear a hat.

I love Aveda men's "grooming clay" when I want to add some texture, above and beyond the always great cut my stylist does for me.  Subtle, not oily looking, and lasts.

Above all, I try not to try too hard to change something that I was born with.  I use Philosophy 3-in-1 gels when I shampoo.

When I had very long hair, I would wash just the scalp every few days and let the ends get the rinse out without actually "shampooing" them.

I do not own a blow dryer.  If it can't be done without, I don't.  Nor a styling iron.  In my late 50's but luckily have little grey (really not noticeable but I don't mind it anyway) so I don't color, though I think my hair has become more curly and textured as I age.

Good luck finding the grail.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I have long, fine hair that hates most products. 

I recently purchased the CAJ hairspray in the "Vanilla" scent, & my hair loves it. For me it's the perfect hold, brushes/washes out easily, & keeps my hair shiny. I can also use it before I add a velcro roller to add body.

It's worth a try....I just ordered another set. But, the reviewers seem to hate the Cotton Candy scent. The Vanilla is really soft, & I love it. Normally I can't stand scented hairspray. 

Respected Contributor

I have baby fine hair  and I have found this combination works the best for me. Biolage volumizing shampoo, then I put a very small dab of Nick Chavez Plump and Thick conditioner in my wet hair and leave it in. Then Paul Mitchell lemon sage thickening spray, then Nick Chavez soft flocker then I I hit it with the hairdryer on medium. After that I style with either a curling iron, hot rollers, and or my Calista perfector. Sometimes I use Paul Mitchell lemon sage thickening shampoo but that seems to make my roots get greasy fast. When I have second or third day hair, I have found Nick Chavez expander to work wonders. I put it on dry hair, rub it through and blow dry. Then style.that is quick and easy. 

Respected Contributor

I forgot to say that I use Nick Chavez volumizing hair spray since 1999, i have been on auto delivery. So it is his first spary, the one when he used to comb the models hair straight off of of her head, spray it and it held the hair up (if you remember his presentations from years ago). I have never found a better spray to firmly hold my hair but still make it touchable.