Valued Contributor

Help With Home Microderm Machine

I just purchased the MicroDerm MD Dermabrasion machine; however, even after reading through the booklet, I'm not sure how to operate.  First of all, there's nothing in the booklet about the tips, rings or filters.  I believe what it came with already on the tube was the diamond tip for face since the body tip is in a little plastic bag; but I'm not sure about changing or what exactly rings, filters, etc. are used for.  Also, when I turned it on and put it on Auto, like the booklet says, it seems to having  a suction.  Is that correct?  I've never used a home machine or even had it done in a salon; so, I'm really needing a bit more instruction.  Help....

Valued Contributor

Re: Help With Home Microderm Machine

[ Edited ]

The little round black sponge-like filters need to be changed after each use. I sometimes use two, changing halfway through if I'm really seeing a lot of dry skin.

I've never changed the little black rings, and I've had mine at least a year.  I think those are changed only if and when they break.

There is suction, and I use mine on manual so I have time to get to all the parts I'm exfoliating.

The tip is removable....the filters go inside the top of the hose once you've removed the tip....and the tip should be cleaned with the brush after each use.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

There are extra tips and filters for sale on QVC and also on Trophy Skincare website. Once tip is on and filter when turned on the diagram is self explanatory. I have had mine a year and so far have not had to change the o-ring. I also have the Mini Md derm exfoliator and love that too. Never operate without a filter and I change mine often like other poster said. I love my Microderm Md and was so surprised at the amount of dead skin it collects. I highly recommend the larger body tip too as it is larger and can be used on arms, legs, back etc. Hope you enjoy. I think there are videos of using both on U-tube, QVC and also on the makers web page Trophy Skincare. Good luck and enjoy your machine.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I'll check out the videos, too!