Respected Contributor

Help! I need suggestions for facial hair removal.

Recently, I started to have facial hairs growing above my upper lip. It's very annoying, since I don't think lady mustache is a good look for me. I tried plucking them with tweezers, but it takes forever, and it doesn't get to the finer hairs.  Do any of you beauties have to deal with facial hairs?  What do you use? What works for you?  Product recommendations welcome!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Help! I need suggestions for facial hair removal.

[ Edited ]

I've tried bleaching, waxing, tweezing, and epilating, but the thing that works best for me is a razor. I like an electric or a plain old razor. It's super fast and easy, does not require me to grow it out to address, and doesn't take any prep or cleanup.

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007

Funny today I have an appointment at Macy,s for a waxing.  I have done my own for years with melted wax when I was younger and hair was dark, I,m Italian.  Did strips from Walgreen,s, but this will be my first professional waxing, my facial hairs are white. 

Trusted Contributor

Gillette Mach 3.  I use it  gently all over my face.

Works great !

Honored Contributor

It isn't painless, but I use an Emjoi eRase - the small one (60 tweezers, I think).  I had a larger Emjoi epilator and find that the smaller style is easier to hand and maneuver around my face.  The minor discomfort is tolerable.  I use the eRase in my pits too.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It isn't painless, but I use an Emjoi eRase - the small one (60 tweezers, I think).  I had a larger Emjoi epilator and find that the smaller style is easier to hand and maneuver around my face.  The minor discomfort is tolerable.  I use the eRase in my pits too.

I couldn't do it. I tried many, many times, but it hurt too much and my eyes would tear up. I use the eRase on my underarms and legs, but not my face. The one I bought as a TSV came with an electric razor attachment and I use that on my upper lip instead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was younger I had quite a glorious fu manchu.Woman Embarassed. After many years of tweezing, bleaching and shaving I finally got laser hair removal done on my face and underarms. It was the best thing I ever did to get rid of the hair permanently.

However, over the years since then I do find an occasional stray hair on my upper lip or on the underarms. So instead of spending tons of money and time at the laser salon I purchased this device and it has gotten rid of any strays for good. The only thing is you will occasionally get a stray no matter what you do so this device helps keep them at bay:

ME CHIC Permananet Hair Removal Device

tanda-me-chic-elos-hair-removal-system-120000-flashes-by-iluminage-0ba9cccb9eb62a45594c06e8d43de85a.jpg

Evine's regular price is $199 but they occasionally have it on sale for 129 or 139.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll use tweezers if I see one or two new ones popping up in the am.  I have a facial trimmer (battery operated) that I purchased years ago. I think it's a good "starter tool". I like my emjoy with the sensitive cover to do a complete job.    

Super Contributor

I also use a facial trimmer that I bought from QVC a few years ago.......I've also recently bought an electric razor for women if/when my trimmer does quits working.........I can't use the Emjoi.....way too painful....

Honored Contributor

Once a month I get a good facial wax by a woman that I have been going to for years, she's quick, she is super efficient and the cost is very reasonable. It hurt at first, but after a while it wasn't that bad. I get my chin and right under my chin waxed and my upper lip and eyebrows..........