Super Contributor

Re: Help.....I despise sunscreen!

Real redhead here, with combo skin that reacts easily. ASDM is my HG of sunscreens. Does not feel like a sunscreen at all and even acts as a primer for me. Love it!

Super Contributor

I'm also very fair and have sensitive skin. Many sunscreens, chemical as well as physical have caused stinging, irritation, etc. I love Elta MD SPF 41 tinted physical sunscreen. This is also used and sold at my Derm's medi-spa. For everyday, out-and-about, I use this in lieu of foundation and actually get compliments on my skin, my "makeup", etc. It feels great on my skin. No more guilt over shunning wearing sunscreen on a daily basis here in the sunny, southwest high-desert!

Lola
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2015 pupwhipped said:
On 1/7/2015 colliegirls said:

Are you looking for something for everyday or when you are out in the summer?

I want something to use every single day on my face. I've always hated anything on my skin that is oily, or thick, greasy, etc. I've never even used moisturizer. My face is never dry....even in the dead of winter.

Depending on where you live, you may not need it every day. Some posters may use it everyday but I personally do not like SPF either and only wear it on the beach. However, I am not fair.

Esteemed Contributor

Try a powder sunscreen like the one from Peter Thomas Roth or Bare Minerals? There might be others on the market as well if you search powder sunscreens.

Super Contributor

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen. It's thin with a smooth and quick drydown. No ick.

Shake well, it comes out as a thin liquid.

Frequent Contributor

I really like paulas choice resist ultra light dog 30 alot. It is for combo/oily skin. I am funny about sunscreens too and have tried many! Did not like paulas hydrolight at all- for me it was greasy. The resist is tinted nicely, I think. I always wear a bit of mineral powder over it. Good luck in your search- as you know you REALLY should wear it daily!!
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about the dog in there--spf instead!!
Valued Contributor

On 1/7/2015 pupwhipped said:

Are you looking for something for everyday or when you are out in the summer?

I want something to use every single day on my face. I've always hated anything on my skin that is oily, or thick, greasy, etc. I've never even used moisturizer. My face is never dry....even in the dead of winter.

Depending on where you live, you may not need it every day. Some posters may use it everyday but I personally do not like SPF either and only wear it on the beach. However, I am not fair.

I also dislike sunscreen and only wear it when working in the yard, etc. I do not wear it everyday & will not.
Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 BeckiWV said:

Try a powder sunscreen like the one from Peter Thomas Roth or Bare Minerals? There might be others on the market as well if you search powder sunscreens.

that was going to be my suggestion! I too am not fond of the greasiness I get from sunscreen and I am going to try one of the powders but they seem a bit pricey. I've been looking at colorscience
Frequent Contributor

Not even remotely stupid. I've got super oily skin too and I agree completely with those who said Neutrogena. I put on a thin layer and completely forget it's there, and I'm one of those who can feel face makeup, it's usually really uncomfortable. I actually wish Neutrogena would tint the stuff so I could use it as a makeup too.