Honored Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

I have green eyes.  My favorite eyeliner colors are aubergine, raisin, plum.    

Super Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

I wear plum.  Never figured we all did!!!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like many like a deep plum/purple color so I think that is what I will get next. Marcelle brand has a mulberry color. It is often described as a purplish brown color and many reviews says it makes hazel and green eyes really stand out.

Esteemed Contributor

Mally had a teal and a dark green/bronze eye pencil that worked really well. I got mine in a kit at the holidays. I'm not sure if it's still in inventory.

Valued Contributor

Nothing really to add, but I'll chime in anyway. Woman Tongue

Purple or plum tones when I'm looking to really make them stand out, also frequently use many shades of green.  Sometimes brown look nice, too, but it's not very exciting! Copper is fun, so is deep teal - about the only colors I never use are blue and gray.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Purple purple purple!

My eyes are green/blue but when I put on purple POW! They are sooo green!

I also really like the effect of copper and bronze shades (oddly gold does nothing)

Honored Contributor

i was reading some interesting facts about green eyes. Only 2% of the population of most countries have true green eyes and about 20% have hazel but in Germany and Ireland those numbers increase greatly to about 33%. Weird eh? Since I have a 100% irish heritage father and a Mom who was 1/2 German heritage I am not surprised that I have green eyes. Mine are a light green color - My Mom always said the color of adventurine or a light color of jade but with a bluish rim around the outer edge. I read that is called sea green - when there is a blue edge. I was the only green eyed person in my family - Mom or dad's side - until my brother - who has 12 kids - had a few green eyed ones.All my nephews who have green eyes have the same light shade as I do and have the same blue edge. 

Anyway - the article also said that eyes can change color throughout a lifetime too. I thoiught that was interesting. Often due to a person being exposed to chemicals in their life - like getting chemo. for instance.

Anyway, all you green eyed ladies - enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Purple purple purple!

I also really like the effect of copper and bronze shades (oddly gold does nothing)

one of the things I read was when someone has blue/green eyes they are classified as blue eyes. Interesting. I would think they would be whichever is more prominent.

Honored Contributor

@151949 that is interesting and makes sense why I have them. Mine are green except around the iris where there is coppery/rust color. Sometimes they look super green (like when I am sad or cry) and other times they can look almost orange. Other times they just look like orangish green hazel.

I get compliments all the time on my eye color, even when I am not wearing eye makeup and sometimes people ask me if I am wearing contacts! The only other one in my family- even including my aunts and uncles and grandparents- that doesn't have regular brown eyes is my mom. My eyes are somewhat similar to hers but hers are much more orangish but they can look pretty green at times too bu sometimes just look like a light brown/copper. Very pretty.

I hope my eye color never changes!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Andreatoo wrote:

Purple purple purple!

Those bronze & coppery shades as eyeshadows  make any green in someone's eyes pop.

Blue eyes also really benefit from those shadow shades.  8)