Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

I wear black eyeliner but PLUM shadow.  I have very fair skin.  I also wear a very faint blush with plum tones and plum shades of lipstick.

Long ago my parents took me to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City and a street vendor as I recall called me over to look at his makeup and told  me with my eye color I should always wear PLUM.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

Green, burgandy and smokey  shadows

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I wear black eyeliner but PLUM shadow.  I have very fair skin.  I also wear a very faint blush with plum tones and plum shades of lipstick.

Long ago my parents took me to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City and a street vendor as I recall called me over to look at his makeup and told  me with my eye color I should always wear PLUM.

I wear something similar that I get tons of compliments on my eye color every time I wear it. It is black eyeliner (tightlined only) with this Sephora collection jumbo waterproof shadow/liner in lilac shimmer. It makes my eyes really stand out and makes them more copper colored. I've had the same crayon for 2 years! lol

Sephora Jumbo 12HR Eye Crayon and Milani Liquid Eye liner

*not my picture, btw

Valued Contributor

Urban Decay Voodoo. 

Respected Contributor

@gfpdem wrote:

So funny! Just ordered new eye rimz tonight-absolute best! I love bewitching  bronze  and plum like it hot as well! My husband always calls my eyes "husky eyes" I guess because they are masked-you can see the hazel thru the gold but from a distance or with black liner they look brown. Grey liner and any blue look icky on me and way 80's no matter the shade.

I just absolutely love LG plum like it hot and I use her eye rimz brush to apply, works great. I wouldn't use blue on my upper lid but do once in awhile on my lower lid, makes the whites of the eyes much brighter looking, isn't a blue blue more deep navy but love LG plum like it hot and can't think of the greenish one I have but that one does have sparkles in it so don't use it daily as I do plum like it hot.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

So funny! Just ordered new eye rimz tonight-absolute best! I love bewitching  bronze  and plum like it hot as well! My husband always calls my eyes "husky eyes" I guess because they are masked-you can see the hazel thru the gold but from a distance or with black liner they look brown. Grey liner and any blue look icky on me and way 80's no matter the shade.

I just absolutely love LG plum like it hot and I use her eye rimz brush to apply, works great. I wouldn't use blue on my upper lid but do once in awhile on my lower lid, makes the whites of the eyes much brighter looking, isn't a blue blue more deep navy but love LG plum like it hot and can't think of the greenish one I have but that one does have sparkles in it so don't use it daily as I do plum like it hot.

okay you two @doglover3 and @gfpdem now I need to check out plum like it hot! I do like her eye rimz although I remember one or two colors kind of irritated my eyes a little. So are either of you fair? I ask because I think us fair girls have more issues with plums like this possibly reading a little reddish, which isn't good for us (think sickly or black eye-ish). I do love the little brush that comes with her eye rimz- it works GREAT for applying the product. I use mine wet.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

okay you two @doglover3 and @gfpdem now I need to check out plum like it hot! I do like her eye rimz although I remember one or two colors kind of irritated my eyes a little. So are either of you fair? I ask because I think us fair girls have more issues with plums like this possibly reading a little reddish, which isn't good for us (think sickly or black eye-ish). I do love the little brush that comes with her eye rimz- it works GREAT for applying the product. I use mine wet.

I am fair, not fair fair but light. I got bare shell when BE first came out with their new serum foundation and got light in most foundations other than Mally defender bb(my favorite) which runs light so I got medium light in that.

Anyway, I can't wear a plum that has red in it, has to be deeper plum or I look like I have pink eye, lol. This is why I love LG plum like it hot. I do have a nice plum in the Ulta chubby crayon type liner but you have to watch since they have several shades and some are too light or too red. I think the true deep plum looks the best, same with green, not all greens look nice, have to watch them as well. I like an olive green.

Respected Contributor

Shade: Violet
Blackened violet

Quickliner™ For Eyes

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@bonnieluwrote:

And lavender (shadow).  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

Or stoned-ish. ;-)

But the 'cooler' plums are great.