Regular Contributor

How many of you have your "HAIR DONE" every week? That;s the way I fee; about it in quotes. My hair is very fine and doesn't hold a style but is also very oily -- have had this problem with oil for over 65 years so doubt it can be solved now.

Live in a retirement community. Some of my friends are always bugging me to have it "done" because it looks so much better -- true but it only lasts a couple of days at best. One of my so called friends claims I am just trying to look bad when I don't have it "done" I thinks she is obscessed with her hair -- I can see her after hurricane Katrina sitting on the roof of her house waiting for a hairdresser to float by.

Personally unless I am going somewhere special and want to be dressed up, I am happy to just wash my hair every couple of days even if it looks flat.

In addition however I have been going to a hairdresser here and she just schedules me every week -- and if there is a holiday I don't get it she just changes the date. I don't want to hurt her feelings or get in trouble by not doing it each week but have become resentful and also it costs money.

Wa all know of a couple of women who "changed Hairdressers" and are not well thought of -- one of them is married to the head of the resident committee.

Just wondering if Every lady who wants to look nice -- not gorgeous -- is so obscessed with her hair.