Trusted Contributor

Re: Have your brows and eyelashes gone gray?

Have a few grey eyebrow hair.  The problem with mine is they have alway been curly but now are going in all different directions and this includes my eyelashes.  Extremely hard to control.  Use gel on the eyebrows but after a while starts to itch no matter which gel I use, scratch absently and bwingo - again in all different directions.  Eyelases not grey but one by one are untamable - in my eye, going sideways which get tender after a while; hate plucking them but really find no alernative they will not take a curl with the lash curler.

Honored Contributor

No they haven't. My mom is 70 and hers haven't either. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

My hair grew in platinum years ago in my late 40s and I love it and the fact that I am not a slave to white roots every three weeks!  My brows are about half and half platinum and light brown.  My lashes are still brown but not nearly as thick as when I was younger.  I fill in my brows with a blonde It gel brow pencil.  It's really more of a taupe then a blonde but it works.  My lashes get various kinds of non smearing black mascara, only on top lashes and just for when I have something to do besides walk my dogs or do errands!!!!!

Valued Contributor

My eyebrows have and I combat that like I do hair color with a brow tint and if my eyelashes are grey I can't see it for the mascara I coat on!  Ha!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Uh ohhh ...not yet that i know of. I bet all of us will be looking in the 10X mirror tonight LOL. Now you have me wondering. hehehehe last time I looked I saw a hideous black hair growing outa my chin and i shreaked and couldnt puck it fast enough. Husband says Creator has a sense of humor......he said he losing hair on his head and now that hair is growing in his nose and ears LOOOOOOOOL..........omg stop the clock LOL.

Honored Contributor

I have a few white hairs in ONE eyebrow (I think these have been there for quite a while, don't seem to be increasing in number) & ONE white eyelash. lol No big deal as I already use eyebrow products and mascara. 

I don't have any noticeable gray in my hair & I don't color my hair very often so I would notice it. I color to add shine & a bit more red to my auburn hair.