Honored Contributor

Re: Have your brows and eyelashes gone gray?

Earlier in the year, I noticed a white eye brow hair and I pulled it.  After pulling like 4, I said enough.  I read here about using just for mustaches, or something like that.  I bought a box at Target for $8 and it works great.  It fades fairly soon, so really should be applied every three weeks.  It takes less than 15 minutes to do.

Respected Contributor

A few grays in my eyebrows - what's left of them.  They are slowly disappearing.  No gray in my eyelashes.  

Honored Contributor

I have completely white hair but lashes and eyebrow are still light orange. My brows have pretty much disappeared though.  

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

My brows and lashes weren't going gray as I got older, but they were getting paler and thinner.  I had a problem with mascara irritating my eyes, so probably 30 years ago I started dyeing both my eyelashes and eyebrows with Roux lash and brow dye (Sally's always has it).  That worked quite well for me for very many years.  I had to re-dye them as they grew out (every 2-3 weeks), but the same dye kit would last me a couple years before I had to buy a new one.

Now I have a different problem.  Both my lashes and my brows have gotten so pale, fine, and sparse that the dye won't even stick to them anymore.  Rapidlash worked really well on my lashes for a few years, but no longer does.  So I'm left having to use mascara and brow pencil, which I hate, but I swear if I didn't literally draw on my lips, eyes and brows every morning, I'd be the "faceless woman."  Even the hair on my head is not gray yet (I'm 67), but it's as fine as cobwebs!

has your doctor done a thyroid workup? Hypothyroid will cause hair to fall out, and can be easily treated with meds.

Honored Contributor

No, the brows just went away, period.  Lashes  are OK, but I use a taupe or lt. brown brow pencil and black mascara.  Benefit for both.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

My brows and lashes weren't going gray as I got older, but they were getting paler and thinner.  I had a problem with mascara irritating my eyes, so probably 30 years ago I started dyeing both my eyelashes and eyebrows with Roux lash and brow dye (Sally's always has it).  That worked quite well for me for very many years.  I had to re-dye them as they grew out (every 2-3 weeks), but the same dye kit would last me a couple years before I had to buy a new one.

Now I have a different problem.  Both my lashes and my brows have gotten so pale, fine, and sparse that the dye won't even stick to them anymore.  Rapidlash worked really well on my lashes for a few years, but no longer does.  So I'm left having to use mascara and brow pencil, which I hate, but I swear if I didn't literally draw on my lips, eyes and brows every morning, I'd be the "faceless woman."  Even the hair on my head is not gray yet (I'm 67), but it's as fine as cobwebs!

has your doctor done a thyroid workup? Hypothyroid will cause hair to fall out, and can be easily treated with meds.

Since taking Synthroid for the past few months, my once fine hair has grown like a weed ....full and thick. It is truly amazing what a lack of a hormone can do to the body. My eyebrows are now back too and I no longer have an issue with the edges being gone.

Respected Contributor

I've had a few white hairs in my dark eyebrows for years...I pluck them. Just started noticing a gray eyelash or two, mascara takes care of those!

Neither brows nor lashes are graying as fast as my hair is!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My eyebrows are gray, like the roots of my hair.  The current color of my hair is a rich Auburn.  Every month I go to the salon for a root application; in addition, I get my eyebrows tinted the same color.  Because I have resistant gray hair, I still need a little more color for my brows, even with the tint.  Right now I am using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Auburn.  I gently use the deeper shade to fill in the brows, then use the lighter shade over it for definition.  My eyelashes are still black, thankfully.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is white white, but  I still have color in my brow and eyelashs.  My eyebrows are probably 75% grey...

Respected Contributor

My eyebrows have started to go grey. I  hate it I am soo tempted to pluck them out !!Instead I cover them up with the NYX mascara for brows covers great and cheap!!