Regular Contributor

Re: Have you bought fragrance without smelling it? Would you spend $100+ if you weren't familiar with it?

I could never order a perfume without smelling it. I am extremely picky with perfumes, and I like almost nothing. If I smell a perfume I like, I ask for a sample. They will squirt a few sprays into a small bottle at the counters. I have to wear it for a few days and then decide if I want to buy it. I almost never like it so I am always glad I took the sample. The last perfume I purchased was Jo Malone last year, and before that, well I cannot even remember back that far.

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you bought fragrance without smelling it? Would you spend $100+ if you weren't familiar with it?

Sure I have, as I suspect many others have.

One word: TOVA.

I've been on the boards long enough to remember when every other thread was a Tova thread, and how hundreds of posters, on a daily basis, described how they couldn't live with out this fragrance.

So I finally tried it. Yup. I gave in. I wanted the "magic" that everyone claimed it was.

What did I get?

One word: RAID.

Respected Contributor

I have bought "unsmelled ~ not a word) once. I love Falling In Love from Philosophy. When they changed it, I wanted a dupe. Many on this board explained Trish McEvoy's #9 as very similar to FIL. So, I took the plunge, bought it, and I love it.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey