Frequent Contributor

Have You Had Good Results With Smileactives Pens?

For anyone who has used the smileactive pens what has been your experience. I am trying to decide if this system would be better than the strips.

Valued Contributor

Re: Have You Had Good Results With Smileactives Pens?

Hi & Welcome, lucky-- I tried the Smileactives pens about a year or so ago and I did not have any results. I don't remember any negative results--meaning sensitive gums/teeth, etc., tho, either.
Trusted Contributor

Based on my experience, you are better off with Crest White Strips from the drugstore.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks gimama and Vamp. They make everything sound so good when they are describing it but I guess that is their jobSmiley Happy I always try to read reviews or get opinions before purchasing items.

Thanks again for the responses.

Frequent Contributor

Try activated charcoal! I ordered mine off of Amazon. It's cheap, but messy, and I got better results with that in one try than I did with professional trays. Plus, the professional trays made my teeth crazy sensitive.

I've also had friends try the activated charcoal with success. Just break open the capsule and basically brush with it. As I said, messy, but I found it to be worth it!

Contributor

My teeth are fairly white and I use the pens to maintain the color. I only use once a week right before going to bed - sometimes twice a week if I need a little boost - and I am pleased with the results. Couldn't be easier. So, I think it works well for maintenance.
Contributor

My teeth are fairly white and I use the pens to maintain the color. I only use once a week right before going to bed - sometimes twice a week if I need a little boost - and I am pleased with the results. Couldn't be easier. So, I think it works well for maintenance.
Respected Contributor

I'm on autoship for those Smileactives pens since last July (the kind that vibrates when you push the button at the bottom). I have one crown in the front, and I had noticed that, although I've been blessed with whiter teeth, that old crown was beginning to look a little whiter than the rest of my teeth. I could easily see a difference after using the pen for less than a week (twice a day). My teeth probably now look as white as they possibly can since I'm almost 66 and you tend to lose enamel as you age. It only takes a minute to apply, and you just have to leave it alone for 1/2 hour before you eat or drink. So easy, and no sensitivity at all. I intend to keep using these........one pen lasts maybe 2 months for me.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

i wanted to try these.. right now im using supersmile, been using it for like 5 yrs. i like it but wanted to try the pens for in between brushings crestwhite strips work great for me, but made my teeth super sensetive...

Regular Contributor

I'm going back to the White Strips, they do way better. These pens don't go very far at all, and the second one of the three that came in the set was really low on the gel. As far as the vibration thing it does, while applying it, well that is useless. Total waste of money, and I cancelled my auto delivery as well. I have better results with the White Strips and they are less expensive.