Trusted Contributor

Re: Have U Crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge?

@RinaRina.  Do not take it to heart, a young lady at the grocery store did not know what a head of cabbage was last time I was to the store.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I have.

I found out yesterday when I went to a museum and asked the young lady at the counter the cost of admission.

Her response:  It's $10, but $7, if YOU'RE over 60.

That's when I knew, I had crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge.

No one has ever said that to me - I mean implied that I looked over 60.  LOL!

I guess I should be grateful, I slid by all these years, "passing" for "50".  Those days over!

I'll be checking out some of those serum drenched eye patches I've seen on YT.

I understand there are now some that you can sleep in.  I have no clue how they'd stay on.  Woman Frustrated

Your ideas are appreciated.

@RinaRina

"Tell tale beauty bridge"?   Is that a real thing or something you just made up?    I've never heard of this before.

So what is the problem here?   Are you over 60?    Since you haven't shared your actual age, there's no way to tell how off base this cashier was!

Frankly, if you are 35 years old, yes, you should feel insulted, I guess.    If you're 65, just what do you expect?

Cashiers are damed if they do, and damned if they don't!    If they guess you're a senior, some will have a major hissy fit.   If they charge you full price, some will get upset they didn't get the discount.    

It's a no-win situation for them,  but none of us are 21 anymore.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I remember the first time I got a senior discount, I saw it on a restaurant slip, and it ruined my day. I have since gotten over myself, after all I'm a senior. 

@QVCkitty1

I've never been one to take advantage of discounts but when I found out Senior Day at Walgreens applied to anyone over 55, I couldn't wait for my 55th birthday.  I'm looking forward to the next round of discounts when I turn 60.  I figure Social Security won't be an option, so bring on those discounts!

In my area on the first Tues. of the month, people 60 or over get 6% off their grocery bill at  TOPS market, that can add up. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz i think it's differen ages for different venues.  You can Google lots of info.  Some stores and restaurants offer discounts starting at age 50.  It pays to find out.

Here are a couple links you might want to check out:

https://www.senioradvisor.com/blog/2015/06/senior-discounts-age-55/

http://www.seniorcitizendiscountlist.org/state/

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina

I don't think you've crossed that bridge until you don't care what other people think or say.

I say go ahead and wear your cape!

Valued Contributor

Yeah, the invisible thing is hard when you've been used to attention most of your life (and I'm not just talking about from men - it's crappy, but attractive, young people are treated differently by men and women). I'll be 50 in a week and the invisible thing is definitely happening to me. On the other side, people fawn over my 84 yr old mother - so we have to hang in there for a few decades until we become adorable little old ladies 😀
Respected Contributor

You should use Josie Maran Argan Oil. If you're 60 it makes you look 27

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

A lot of people are talking about senior discounts. Well I am 75 and I only hope when I buy my green bananas with my senior discount that  I can see them ripen. You've heard the old expression that some seniors say they don't buy green bananas they may not be around long enough to see them ripen. LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina No big secret.

In the morning:

I cleanse with Micro Delivery Wash (Philosophy)using my Clarisonic.

Then I use Vitamin C cream with spf30 (Serious Skin Care).

I also use Repair Wear Antigravity eye cream(Clinique).

In the evening:

I cleanse with Purity Made Simple(Philosophy) using my Clarisonic.

Then I use Confidence In A Cream(It).

I then use Repair Wear Antigravity eye cream (Clinique).

I also have good genes which helps!