Respected Contributor

Re: Have U Crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge?

[ Edited ]

Remedy #2 ..

Just remembered, I've got a SUPER-SIZED bottle of Fast-Lift.

Edit:
10 minutes later..

For Isomers & SKINN users ...

Just an FYI ..

Looks like the FastLift & Collagenesis Eye serum is not a good combo.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

I would think that she could not look at you and tell if you were over 60!  That's a compliment!  

So many fuss if they are not offered a discount!

Trusted Contributor

Yes I crossed the tell tale beauty bridge. I'm old and it collapsed! 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

Some seniors expect others to know and if they aren't given the discount they start howling.  So many places are required to provide the information option up-front.  Some places, like Dunkin Donuts, will give you the meaningless 10% discount without asking, but I think that is the individual servers choice and they are just doing it to be nice. 

@makena I was not sure how the senior discount works or what age you qualify for it. I have never been asked if I wanted the senior discount & never received one that I know of. I guess I should start asking every place I go if It will save me money in the long run. I just turned 59 & I think for the most part this is offered if you are over 60 but not sure.

Honored Contributor

I remember the first time I got a senior discount, I saw it on a restaurant slip, and it ruined my day. I have since gotten over myself, after all I'm a senior. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm 57 and I can't wrap my head around a post like this.  It's either very sad or very funny or perhaps I just don't get the point.  You feel "old" because 19 year old college kid asked you if you wanted a discount?  Somehow, you think there's difference between looking 50 and looking 60...in the eyes of a 19 year old?  In your own eyes????   At 57 with daughters in their 30's now,  I look 50ish and perhaps even 60ish.  I don't care, either way.  Age truly is just a number and today it's impossible to look at someone and know how old they are.  I am not interested in looking young or even younger.  Good thing because there are no creams, potions, lotions, serums or gels that do that for me or for anyone else.   Those things can help us look better and fresher and prettier but not younger.  I choose to spend my money on other things, so my beauty regimen right now is to cleanse and moisturize and I do wear makeup.  I have good genes, so I have no wrinkles and nothing has "fallen" yet but when those things happen, I'll opt for medical procedures rather than topical treatment.  Not to look young, to look better.  I don't think of 50's or 60's or even 70's now as "old".  That isn't the world I live in, my friends who are older than I am are fit and active and love life and positive.  We talk about skincare and makeup, of course, but in a positve way.  My advice to you would to forget that age thing you are hung up on and just focus on sprucing yourself up a bit.  A new hair style, a new hair color, a makeup makeover, lose 10lbs, buy some new clothes, maybe an nice piece of jewelry.  Whatever makes YOU feel good.  Whatever makes you happy and then go live your life.

Respected Contributor

right now i'm trying to stay under the bridge

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I am 66, but DH tells me I look MUCH youngerCat LOL

But, really, can you trust your husband? 

Many years ago, there was a photographer where I worked.  I used to complain to him about the men who would hoot and holler at me when I went out to run at lunch time.  I was in my late 20s and turned my share of heads. 

He told me that some day I would miss the attention.

He was right.

At a certain age, you become invisible.  I think I've crossed the bridge and closed the gateCat Sad

I became invisible to everyone when I turned 50 except other women in my age group.  It was so weird at the time because I didn't think I looked 50 at all, LOL.  Well, everyone else sure thought I did!  I knew then that gone were the days of being a cute young thang.  I also noticed that advertising was geared towards the 20-somethings, not the 50-somethings unless it was for prescription medication, lol.  I felt very disenfranchised.  Now that I'm 60, I'm used to it but it was a bit of a shock at 50.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rina, that remark about your cape cracked me up!  I think you should rock it!  There was a Seinfeld episode about Mr. Castanza meeting up with a mysterious man who wore a cape. Just think, you can be a woman of mystery!

Nobody likes to appear old, especially if we still feel young inside. The only thing I can hope for is to continue to try to keep fit and healthy and be well groomed. I might as well be a good looking old lady and get a discount too. Lol!Heart

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I remember the first time I got a senior discount, I saw it on a restaurant slip, and it ruined my day. I have since gotten over myself, after all I'm a senior. 

@QVCkitty1

I've never been one to take advantage of discounts but when I found out Senior Day at Walgreens applied to anyone over 55, I couldn't wait for my 55th birthday.  I'm looking forward to the next round of discounts when I turn 60.  I figure Social Security won't be an option, so bring on those discounts!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~