Valued Contributor

Re: Has this become the Josie Maran channel?

In response to those who think the only cure for boredom with QVC items is changing the channel, mute button....there are many of us who do not sit in front of the tv all day watching shopping channels. We have lives!

When I decide to see what QVC is selling, I constantly see Josie, Issac, Graver, Dooney, Chaz. Over and over week after week.

So, I hardly remember to look at QVC anymore. Each time I flip to them, I flip off.

I realized today I hadn't checked QVC for over a week. So I flipped. Some sort of lazer thingy. Found it interesting. First time I've checked and found something other than the list above. Didn't buy it. Flipped it off.

At least it was something different.

Folks need to realize, some of us do not watch QVC at all. They flip to the channel once in a while when surfing. If something they are selling, they have no interest in is on, off it goes.

I find the comments about mute buttons and change the channel insulting. It assumes we are sitting watching QVC all the time. Most of us don't. We don't know the hosts, we don't get involved in it like some sort of fantasy.

Its a shopping channel. If you don't like whats on air, you flip the channel.

My suggestion to those posters who are insulting people about mute buttons and changing channels is to get a life and stop living your life defending a 'shopping channel.' That's all it is.

So is Amazon. But luckily we have thousands of choices there. QVC has gone downhill and those insulting people, keep watching it and defending it. Good luck to you all, but maybe its time to move on.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

The Q has a habit of selecting a few vendors or items they love and then showing them constantly until the interest declines. In the old days it was Bare Escentuals and Philosophy that were on all the time. Lately, it is IT Cosmetics and Josie Maran that seem to be on often. This will probably pass, but it may take a few years for the demand for the products to decrease, and then there will be something new to take their places.

Remember the Bruce Makowski handbags, @wilma? He was on so often. The Q made him rich and then he sold his company. And then, came back to the Q selling some kind of Electronics or something. I also remember at the time he never donated a bag to charity.

@febe1 Oh, yes! Those BM bags were on all the time.  I never bought one. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

In response to those who think the only cure for boredom with QVC items is changing the channel, mute button....there are many of us who do not sit in front of the tv all day watching shopping channels. We have lives!

When I decide to see what QVC is selling, I constantly see Josie, Issac, Graver, Dooney, Chaz. Over and over week after week.

So, I hardly remember to look at QVC anymore. Each time I flip to them, I flip off.

I realized today I hadn't checked QVC for over a week. So I flipped. Some sort of lazer thingy. Found it interesting. First time I've checked and found something other than the list above. Didn't buy it. Flipped it off.

At least it was something different.

Folks need to realize, some of us do not watch QVC at all. They flip to the channel once in a while when surfing. If something they are selling, they have no interest in is on, off it goes.

I find the comments about mute buttons and change the channel insulting. It assumes we are sitting watching QVC all the time. Most of us don't. We don't know the hosts, we don't get involved in it like some sort of fantasy.

Its a shopping channel. If you don't like whats on air, you flip the channel.

My suggestion to those posters who are insulting people about mute buttons and changing channels is to get a life and stop living your life defending a 'shopping channel.' That's all it is.

So is Amazon. But luckily we have thousands of choices there. QVC has gone downhill and those insulting people, keep watching it and defending it. Good luck to you all, but maybe its time to move on.

EXCELLENT suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Save the Whales wrote:
That's what a remote is for....it has a channel up and channel down button!!! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!😳

Yes, the marvels of technology. Imagine that!

Cat Wink

Some remotes have voice command, for those who don't like to push any (or anyone's) buttons.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Can NOT watch her rub oil all over or dip her fingers in the cream. Gag me! NEVER WATCH.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From 1989 to about 1998 I had the Q channel on 24/7, no kidding.  I really mean that.  I missed all the years of Law and order and other series, so when they finished, the reruns were all new to me!!!

How I quit watching?  Around 1997-98 a few brands took over and the selling technique went from easy sell, to long presentations on one item or one brand.  It seemed every time I turned on SG was on.  She seemed to go from quiet to over kill quick.  The noise and chatter bothered me so much I turned the channel or turned the tv off.  It seemed every time I turned the channel on, there she was.... with 2 hour shows.  Off went QVC.  This was so often, that after a few months of doing this I became accustomed to not watching, and then I just quit buying.  The internet was becoming easier and I started buying elsewhere, except for an occasional product purchase.  By 2000, I no longer watched, and didn't even have a purchase for a year!!  I missed Kathy's departure, new Hosts cam in, until the only person I recognised was MBR and David.  I must have missed all the other older Hosts.

My point?  When something bothers you on the Q,and you keep changing the channel when it bothers you, eventually they loose customers.  I am not alone either.  Their switch to this "narrow branding" form of sales does not keep me interested.  BTW, I have noticed by looking at the Q's program guide, they always have SG, Dooney, KA and a few other brands on it seems almost weekly.  I also don't like, and will not buy the thousands of specific items made especially for QVC.  It lowers the quality

I know things change and there always be those who tune in, but for me I cannot handle the hard sell Hosts, with the "stories"  OMG, the product is suppose to be star, not the Host.  This is my opinion.  Thank goodness for the internet, because I can look at what ever I want and get more info and reviews than tuning in to watch live QVC.  Basically they sell the same items prime time, over and over and must reserve the newer, more unique items for 3 or 4am!!  LOL!  To each their own, this is just my view and nothing else

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only meant to defend Josie on why she retells her story, not defend Qvc. I don't like it either, but it's the haters that don't like her and still watch that need lives. They say the same complaints in the forum each time she's on. Write to Qvc and complain, not making the forum a place to get into arguments about her dresses, hair, slathering, and story telling--those who watch too much need lives. Some of us just want to read the forum in peace sometimes and don't need the drama or negativity.

Trusted Contributor

I would also add Logo to the more than enough list. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

When I see these threads and there are a lot of them, I wonder, "Do these people not watch anything but home shopping networks"?

Did you ever think that the products they show the most, are the ones that are selling the best?

Then ask yourself when you bash a host or vendor "Am I Perfect"?

Actually, if you read through the responses you would see that I don't sit an watch the shopping channels.  I just check in during commercials and such.  Therefore, I would expect to find a lot of variety.

And I didn't bash anybody.  Just because I think someone is on alot doesn't mean that I am bashing that person.  She's there to sell and the shopping channel gets to decide how much she gets to do it.  Whether I like her look or not is irrelevant.

I agree with  you IceGoddess.......i don't  understand why posters who are aware that a subject  may be  a poster venting or a complaint about something HAVE to go to the website and chastize them for expressing their opinions...........comments like "you can change the channel" or "do you not watch anything at home buy shopping channels"....and best is the comment about bashing hosts or vendors......aren't THEY in turn bashing the person who posted the subject??   How is that better??  Don't they realize.....people check in with the channel and don't necessarily sit there all day watching shopping channels.....or the comment to change the channel if you don't like the host...MAYBE

the poster wants to view the products in that hour and finds it difficult with a certain host...it is understandable..............people should be able to  vent their own feelings here i hope without someone "bashing" them. 

@kelsey17@Icegoddess If you read my post, I didn't mention anyone's name. I was just wondering why we go through this subject, every week, every month and every year.

If you have a problem with the shows, then you need to go to "Suggestion Box" and tell them what you want to see on the Q. Pretty Simple!

Oh, wow, I never thought of that. Thanks....

@febe1 You are most welcomeWoman Very Happy

Occasional Visitor

No, it's the LOGO, Dooney, Vionic channel. Smiley Frustrated