Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone with hair fallout from Wen found a replacement that has stopped the problem?

Are you sure it's hair fallout and not shedding? You would need someone else to thoroughly examine your scalp for bald spots. My hair only sheds in the shower, so I lose a tarantula size hair ball with every cleanse. Even with the amount of hair I lose, I still have very dense and thick hair.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone with hair fallout from Wen found a replacement that has stopped the problem?

On 9/4/2014 NYCGRL said:

I too tried to use Wen for quite a while - tried different formulas/flavors. My gorgeous long blonde hair was also coming out in clumps which never ever happened before Wen. I stopped using Wen about 6 months ago and immediately the hair loss stopped. I don't know if it was the menthol or what, but even my hairdresser told me to stop using it. It was also changing my hair color. Glad most Wen users are happy, but I'll stick to sulfate free shampoo with an occasional clarifying shampoo to get rid of any buildup. I am happy to say my 50+ hair is back to being gorgeous and is equally as beautiful as any of the Wen models when I choose to take my time and style it with a blower dryer. I am blessed.

I would imagine that you were allergic to some of the ingredients in Wen. If I was having a reaction to any skin care/hair care product, I would go to an allergist to find out if I was having an allergic reaction. I have been using Wen since last summer and my hair is in the best condition that it has ever been.

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 hopi said:

Just bought 4 TSVs and have a clump of hair in my shower with my second wash.

I usuallly load up so my stash so lasts me a year with Wen's sale prices.

Not a Wen basher.

Chaz and his models have amazing hair. That's really not happening for me.

With a lot of women having hairfall due to Wen why doesn't Chaz confront this???I mean if you google hairfall due to wen there are a lot of negativity due to this issue.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/4/2014 BRANDONLEE said:
On 9/4/2014 hopi said:

Not a Wen basher.

With a lot of women having hairfall due to Wen why doesn't Chaz confront this???I mean if you google hairfall due to wen there are a lot of negativity due to this issue.

Maybe he needs to personally witness the hair loss himself, before he can address it. I googled hair fallout from Wen and could not find anything that was substantiated. No pictures or any kind of documentation, only verbal claims.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 hopi said:

Not a Wen basher.

If you google Pantene and hair loss there's a lot of negativity also. He has a warning on the label to stop using if you have a reaction. What more can he do? Hair loss doesn't happen with first use or without signs of irritation first. Its not his responsibility to police how people use his products after they purchase them. This has been discussed every time WEN is on QVC.
Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 KippyK3 said: Sorry if you weren't addressing me. I got confused also. My page didn't reload and I am new to these forums, and how it works. Oops! Didn't mean to butt in. Again, thanks for the tips ladies.

Hi! To respond to a specific post, click on "Quote" on the bottom right side of the post. That will bring up the post in the "Post a Reply" box. Write your response under the gray box.

Regular Contributor

Have you called the salon 323-467-6444? I would report your issue to Wen and Qvc and stop using Wen.
Respected Contributor

My hair has stopped coming out since using Wen..I have noticed new hair growth, Use SHP & Fig.. If you are losing so much hair it seems you should switch, Redken has good products..
Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 hopi said:

Not a Wen basher.

So every brand that causes people a reaction should "confront" this? I mean, I (and many others) have had a reaction to Suave products so why haven't they addressed my issue? I (and others) have had a reaction to Laura Geller's B&B, so why hasn't she addressed this? I and many others have had a reaction to Josie Maran's argan milk- so why isn't she personally responding to that?

I mean come on people, if you have a reaction to something, simply stop using it. As adults, do we really need any company to save us from ourselves?? It is just common sense to stop using something that causes us issues and most products, including WEN, have disclaimers on them stating if you have any adverse reaction, stop using immediately.

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Snow Owl said:
On 9/4/2014 KippyK3 said: Sorry if you weren't addressing me. I got confused also. My page didn't reload and I am new to these forums, and how it works. Oops! Didn't mean to butt in. Again, thanks for the tips ladies.

Hi! To respond to a specific post, click on "Quote" on the bottom right side of the post. That will bring up the post in the "Post a Reply" box. Write your response under the gray box.

Thank you, Snow Owl. Smiley Happy Let me say again, I am not bashing. I, too have had issues with drastic hair loss after using it. I have stopped using Wen...sadly...and am not interested in any law suits. It may simply be a coincidence for me or an allergy. Whatever it is, I have stopped using it and do appreciate others sharing their stories and tips. Thanks to those of you who are trying to help us.