Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried the 30 day no face-washing experiment?

You don't wash your face for 30 days, and you don't apply any product or makeup during that month. Yes, it sounds gross, but supposedly your skin resets and balances itself. Has anyone tried it?
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the 30 day no face-washing experiment?

That would freek me out

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

No thanks.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

no way. If you have a gentle, effective cleanser that maintains the proper pH of your skin and doesn't strip it, you don't need to "reset" anything.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
You don't wash your face for 30 days, and you don't apply any product or makeup during that month. Yes, it sounds gross, but supposedly your skin resets and balances itself. Has anyone tried it?

I've heard some bloggers talk about this, but I've never seen an actual dermatologist say this or promote this idea and I've never seen science to back this up.

Honored Contributor

Not trying that any more than I'd try to cleanse my digestive system with one of those cleanses.

I like my face clean and moisturized and my belly satisfied with a balanced diet.

Honored Contributor

Do you also refrain from showering and washing your hair during this time?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

and what is the point? 

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't "resetting and balancing" be better accomplished by improving the food you eat?  After all, the skin on your face and elsewhere does not exist in a vacuum.  These bloggers seem to adhere to the outdated Cartesian theory of everything being separate from everything else.  That was disproved a long time ago.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Sounds crazy....no sun screen either?  The skin picks up all kinds of debris all day and night.  I cannot fathom 30 days' worth, nor would my dermatologist be happy!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill