Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Manoi? Carols Daughter shampoo/mask?

@Ceci wrote:

Thanks, all. I decided to pass on it because of the feedback.

My hair is dry and I don't need anything to make it worse. I have my problems with Wen but stick with it. I would like to find an alternative.

Interesting about the protein. I never paid attention to that. Maybe that is why certain shampos make my hair horrible. I tried a sample of Nick Chevez shampoo and my hair looked like it was electrified! It was so dry and brittle and broke So,until I washed it out and used Wen.

My hair is thinning and Wen tends to weigh it down. I can only use Fig with T. Tree because all the others make my hair so dry. Some of the seasonals work.

So, maybe I need to pay attention to protein. Just never noticed that in the ingredients.

Thanks so much everyone, it was very helpful,

Hello, Ceci. Smiley Happy

There's a brand of shampoo and conditioner by Nexxus, if that helps. Hope you find something that works well for your hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I like the Swartzcoff products at Walmart for my dry frizzy hair.i tell you guys that my hairdresser noticed the improvement and I have tried all of the expensive stuff.Somebody on these boards recd it a long time ago and I should have tried it then...takes me awhile to believe that lowest price can actually be best.

Honored Contributor

I really like her Manoi hairspray.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  I have this hairspray. It smells nice....but has NO hold power. What is it good for if it does no have any holding power? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shelbelle  I have this hairspray. It smells nice....but has NO hold power. What is it good for if it does no have any holding power? What do you think?

I have very thin hair, and I need a hairspray that sprays on fairly dry so that my hair does not get wet and start to separate after I have taken forever to style it, which is not easy in my case. This spray goes on very dry, which is a big plus for me. I also like Marc Anthony  Moroccan Oil Spray for the same reason. This may not apply to you, but it suits my needs well.

Trusted Contributor

I had bad luck with Wen, and i'm actually using Carol's Daughter Monoi line now, with a lot of success. It has not dried out my hair.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I have used the Carol's Daughter monoi shampoo, conditioner, and mask.  It is scented, but I like the scent.  I found that you must use the conditioner along with the shampoo... if you only use the shampoo, it can make your hair dry.  But used together as a system, it made my hair really smooth and pretty.

Be aware that the conditioner is pretty thick, and can be difficult to squeeze out of the bottle.  This was an issue for me because I have carpal tunnel syndrome.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried it and find the scent to be very beautiful. You don't need perfume. It left my hair soft and silky. I could air dry it and know it would look great. My hair is long and thick. I completely agree with all the great reviews. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Dried out my hair horribly. The mask was just... awful.

Need to add: my hair is protein sensitive. Protein is the WORST thing for it. I didn't realize that the Manoi products contain protein (98% of all hair products do) so it was horrible for my hair. It wouldn't be till later that I realized WHY the line dried out my hair so badly; protein was the culprit.

=============

This is a very good point -- re: the protein.  I've used at least 60% of CD's entire product line and you must supplement with a moisturizer because the protein will make your hair "feel" dry.  I put "feel" in quotes, because after a day or twom your hair gets back to normal.  Neverless, I always follow up with moisture.  IMHO, her products are excellent quality and good for hair.  My hair looks great.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

I tried it. Did not like the shampoo, did really like the conditioner but it really irritated my scalp, just like WEN and Euphora brands did. Irritation that becomes painful-then leads to hair loss for me.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!