Respected Contributor

I'm looking for a good hairspray that holds fine hair, but doesn't make hair dirty in a day or so.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

I like Carol's Daughter brand.

I usually wash my hair every day but have never noticed it too look dirty because of the hairspray. I workout & my hair tends to get oily if not washed every day.

Honored Contributor

Nick Chavez's Thirst Quencher Hairspray - just won the award on QVC's yearly Customer Choice Beauty Awards for best hairspray. I LOVE IT!!!! He has more than one hairspray, but for my fine, thin hair, I like this the best.

Regular Contributor

I have very fine, flat hair.  I highly recommend Aveda Control Force. It's expensive.  If you decide to try it, have the person at the store show you how to use it. You will be spraying sections, not an overall spray of your head.  I think in a recent review of best hair sprays I found on Google, it was ranked #1.  There is also the travel size which is so convenient.  Good luck.  Let us know what you end up with.

Trusted Contributor

I second acatgirl's recommendation.  Aveda Control Force is my all-time fave.  I recently cheaped out and bought L'Oreal Weather Control and wish I'd stuck with Aveda.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Nick Chavez's Thirst Quencher Hairspray - just won the award on QVC's yearly Customer Choice Beauty Awards for best hairspray. I LOVE IT!!!! He has more than one hairspray, but for my fine, thin hair, I like this the best.

@World Traveler

Butting in! but very curious and was going to buy this NC Thirst Quencher spary but was not sure if it's as good as my beloved NC Amazon spray which is really the best so far. I have fine hair [losing it with lack of hormones] but it comes back, I like a bit of volume with a spray mine helps greatly however it can be a bit much - drying perhaps and hard at times. Is this one you mention a good one to hold hair in slight wind? is it even a bit oily like the glossing ones I loathe that weigh hair down? I am really wanting to dry a less drying one then my Amazon volume spray. Hope you see this and thanks!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

I have struggled for a long time finding just the right spray that holds, does not cause helmet head, helps in the humidity and washes out easily.

Kenra 25 Finishing spray is it!! I get it at the walmart salon and get the large cans when on sale like buy one get one half. A little goes a long way so $25 for the can works for me.  I had tried it before but was using too much and again, just be light with it and will love it. I do believe they sell the travel size cans so you could try it out.

Honored Contributor

I don't know any hairspray that doesn't make your hair dirty! Its the nature of the beast! I just spray lightly and my hair lasts longer.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler

Butting in! but very curious and was going to buy this NC Thirst Quencher spary but was not sure if it's as good as my beloved NC Amazon spray which is really the best so far. I have fine hair [losing it with lack of hormones] but it comes back, I like a bit of volume with a spray mine helps greatly however it can be a bit much - drying perhaps and hard at times. Is this one you mention a good one to hold hair in slight wind? is it even a bit oily like the glossing ones I loathe that weigh hair down? I am really wanting to dry a less drying one then my Amazon volume spray. Hope you see this and thanks!!!

It has argan oil in it. That may be why it works so well for me. I love all of Josie Maran's argan oil products, so this was a no-brainer for me. However, it does not make your hair feel oily; it actually makes my hair feel very soft, yet it holds the hair in place.

The spray is light enough on the hair so that you don't feel like you have hairspray on. But when there is a breeze out, I spray my hair with a little more.....enough so I can feel it when I touch my hair. But it is not the feel of a helmet on my head, which is what most hairsprays feel like on my head if I have to put enough to keep the hair from flying away!

In April I ordered a special of his....three hairsprays (Featherlite, Mesquite, and the Thirst Quencher). I didn't care for the Featherlite because it didn't provide enough hold for me without using most of the can! I'm now using the Mesquite, which is doing well in holding my hair; however, I still like the Thirst Quencher the best. I also purchased a combination of products from him that included the Thick and Plump hairspray, but have not tried it yet.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

This is my HG... After spraying, it still allows me to run a comb thru my hair easily and this helps style my fine, graying and rather shapeless hair.  It is a humectant, but I can go almost a week without shampooing... my hair is REALLY fine...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~