Respected Contributor

Hairspray that won't dull darker hair

I have med/dark type hair, my hair is longer, I curl it and have to spray it or my hiar just goes flat, I have spend HUNDREDS trying to find a hairspray that will HOLD but not take away my shine and leave my hair dull each day with a film look on the top especially where I use the most. I follow the directions on all.

I have tried cheap brands to high end, Big S ..exy, Kenra 25, Rusk, Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Tressme, L'oreal PROFESSIONAL in the white can

I can go on but I've tried so many.

Does such a hairspray even exist? If you have one you love and you use more than one spray LOL  Please let me k now which works for you so I can give a few new ones a try.

TIA!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hairspray that won't dull darker hair

Do you lift your hair and spray underneath? This is much more important than just spraying on top, I've found. Sorry, I never noticed any hair spray dulling my hair, mine's lighter. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Check out Nich Chavez.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99the only reason I haven't tried these yet is because his fragrance is usually to much, I don't want the whole office to smell my hairspray! lol

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  I have a nose like a blood hound and I don't notice a lingering smell from his hairspray.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99  he has a few diff. hairsprays, which do you love and recommend?  THANK YOU!

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon  Yep, I curl, then lift the sides up give it a tiny tease and spray... but, then I finish by spraying all over. My hair is healthy and shiny but all hairspray makes it look dull it seems

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I have med/dark type hair, my hair is longer, I curl it and have to spray it or my hiar just goes flat, I have spend HUNDREDS trying to find a hairspray that will HOLD but not take away my shine and leave my hair dull each day with a film look on the top especially where I use the most. I follow the directions on all.

I have tried cheap brands to high end, Big S ..exy, Kenra 25, Rusk, Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Tressme, L'oreal PROFESSIONAL in the white can

I can go on but I've tried so many.

Does such a hairspray even exist? If you have one you love and you use more than one spray LOL  Please let me k now which works for you so I can give a few new ones a try.

TIA!!

@SandGirl  I’ve always sprayed hairspray from under the hair. If it dulls your hair (can’t imagine why, unless you’re holding can too close & spraying every day WILL cause build up), you can use a shine spray afterwards.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@wishmoon  Yep, I curl, then lift the sides up give it a tiny tease and spray... but, then I finish by spraying all over. My hair is healthy and shiny but all hairspray makes it look dull it seems

@SandGirl  I think Chavez has a Diva line of s&c, hairsprays, shine spray, etc.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I will check out the Diva sprays and consider a shine spray.  Thank you!

Also, I have short sweeping bangs, so I spray those so they stay and the top gets over spray from that too