Valued Contributor

Re: Hair issues : Suggestions / help needed.

I was on chemo drug for many years for my arthritis and my hair got very thin , i found that taking 5000 micrograms of biotin helped thicken my hair up again , It takes a few months to start noticing a difference but I still take it and my ha r is very thick again , Many drugs do that to your hair , I had the same thinning with enbrel [a biologic for arhritis ] and remicade another infusion type drug , These ladies have given you good advice , I hope you start feeling better ver y soon .

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@twinkies: Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. Dealing with age and multiple health issues can be difficult but people willing to share what they have been through and their options helps. My thoughts and prayers are with you. SouthernBee

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee  much love and light sent your way...hair loss is difficult for anyone, but especially women...I know that I take hair supplements (Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair Skin and Nails) and found it really helps me...others swear by Consulte Beaute hair supplements on Evine... my cousin lost lots of hair after pregnancy and she used Nourage (google it-it is a keratin supplement) and swore by it! 

My mom ,who is 68, is dealing with hair loss and finding nothing working for her...she now rocks an unbelievable selection of stylish hats and sparkly sequined baseball caps (she always gets complements on her hats!) You may want to try this out too!

My warmest wishes you continue to stay cancer free and find something that helps with hair regrowth...but bet you could rock a shorter hair style...my cousin shaved her head (Woman Surprised) at church in solidarity for a woman fighting cancer...and she looked remarkable bald (she wore lots of cool larger earrings too!) but I know that look is not for everyone...she had the perfect shaped head for it tho...Good luck! Heart

Honored Contributor

Get either Toppik or Xfusion hair fibers, find them easily on ebay or amazon, just sprinkle them onto the thinning areas, will make a world of difference in your hair's appearance.

Honored Contributor

The organic products are great.  I left the masque in for one hour. I have only used the products once. Very impressed. The hair feels soft and not as frizzy and much easier to comb. SouthernBee

Respected Contributor

I have trouble in the shower too. I love Paul Mitchel Super Strong. less hair loss  I noticed and its very very low lather and rinses out very well same with the conditioner.  I spend less time in the shower  when I use Paul Mitchell.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Souther Bee. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you're all better now.

Nick Chavez makes quite a few things for thin/thinning hair. I'll list some of his shampoos and conditioners, then a good styling product he has.

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner (gives all over thickness to the hair)

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner (sulfate-free, paraben-free, gives all over thickness to the hair)

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume shampoo and conditioner (gives volume and lift at the root of the hair)

Nick Chavez Vlevet Mesquite Hydrating/Thickening Styling Gel (not sticky, doesn't leave the hair gummy)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wrote that you have some trouble raising your arms to do your hair, so here's some info that will hopefully make hair washing and styling a bit easier.

1. Wash the hair, rinse out the shampoo well.

2. Put the conditioner in your hair and leave it in for about 5 or 10 minutes. This will also give your arms a rest while conditioner does its thing.

3. Rinse out the conditioner and towel dry your hair, making sure hair is still a bit damp. Not drying it fully makes the gel work a bit better and your arms won't get so tired trying dry your hair fully.

4. Put the styling gel on the ends of your hair, rub it in, then leave it. This styling gel by Nick won't leave your hair a sticky, gummy mess.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder