Honored Contributor

Re: Hair: do you wear bangs?

Yes, I must wear bangs! I've tried growing them out and HATE it every time. I've come to 2 vital conclusions about my hair.

1) short hairstyles are more flattering on me.

2) bangs are a must, regardless of the cut.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I can't stand hair on my face .... and could never wear bangs.

Honored Contributor

I have a large face large high forehead and large features. I wear bangs almost all the time.

I usually choose wigs with bangs because otherwise it's harder for me to keep the hairlines of the wig where they're supposed to be in relation to my natural hair.

Honored Contributor

If your Avatar is really YOU, I think your hairstyle is delightful.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes.  When I first get my hair cut I have her cut wispy bangs.  When it grows in, It is all swept to the side so I don't have bangs after about 6 weeks.  I originally had my hair cut with bangs to cover forehead wrinkles, but now most of my forehead wrinkles have lessned alot and I don't worry as much.  I wear my hair up most days because it is just too long and hot.  Am getting it cut 5 inches today and will have her cut bangs again with long layers.  I think bangs make you look younger.

Honored Contributor

@Surfer Wife wrote:

Yes, I must wear bangs! I've tried growing them out and HATE it every time. I've come to 2 vital conclusions about my hair.

1) short hairstyles are more flattering on me.

2) bangs are a must, regardless of the cut.

Is your avatar you?  Whoever it is is a cutie patootie and I love the hair. Both the style and the color.

Honored Contributor

to anwer the question, yes I have bangs.  I went through a period where my hair grew out and I had longer (for me) sideswept bangs.  I love it when my hair was down but hate them when my hair was up because it was a section of hair not long enough to put back so it was just there. 

I ended up having full bangs cut again.  I've tried to grow them out again and just can't get past that awkward phase.

Trusted Contributor

I started wearing bangs several years ago. Love them! Kept reading articles that said bangs can take ten years off of your face, etc. So I thought why not give them a try - and I have to agree that they do make you look younger. I'm hooked!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do.  I think it gives  a softer, more flattering  look. I just prefer shorter, layered look with bangs of some sort.  Hair all one lengt hanging straight down around the face can drag the face down and sometimes having it all pulled back off the face looks harsh.

Super Contributor

I wear regular bangs, used to do the side swept, and it was too much trouble, lol.  This way if I go in the wind, it's fine, they eventually just go back!  Less hair spray and also makes me look much younger.  Hides the 11 line!