Contributor

I wondered if fine,thin hair would work in a style like Dana Perino's hair? Or a similar style with bangs grown out!!!

Im trying to grow bangs out and they are finally past my eyes now. I am not sure whether to get bangs cut or keep growing them  Smiley Sad

. I like how she (Dana) wears it now on air. Thanks in advance for any help!

Regular Contributor

I don't know who you're referring to.  However, I'm attempting to grow out bangs....that is until I cut them again lol.

Trusted Contributor

I think you should go for Dana P's look before you think of cutting your bangs short again, especially if your hair is straight. It should work for you. I have always admired her hair. Wish I could have that look, but my hair won't go there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Style question!!

[ Edited ]

I admire Dana Perino quite a bit and think her hairstyle is very becoming on her.  That said, I'm in the same boat as you, fine hair and less of it now as I'm getting older.  My daugher is a hairstylist and I often will point out someone and ask if I could wear my hair that way and her answer is "they have thicker hair than you".  I'll see another style and she'll say "that's too short for you".  Face size/shape and your body size/shape also need to be taken into consideration when choosing a hairstyle.  

Super Contributor

Have them angled for side swept bangs, and you can grow them out for a while that way! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Style question!!

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I admire Dana Perino quite a bit and think her hairstyle is very becoming on her.  That said, I'm in the same boat as you, fine hair and less of it now as I'm getting older.  My daugher is a hairstylist and I often will point out someone and ask if I could wear my hair that way and her answer is "they have thicker hair than you".  I'll see another style and she'll say that's too short for you.  Face size/shape and your body size/shape also need to be taken into consideration when choosing a hairstyle.  

Yep.

And this should help, too:  Man Wink

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Amazing-test-that-determines-which-hair-length-flatters-you-most/m-p/1890134#M418231

Honored Contributor

I don't know who dana perrino is but I do know that full bangs on fine hair usually look stringy and unkept, so they aren't a good idea.

Respected Contributor

I always thought Dana looked adorable with the short hair style which showed her pretty face off to perfection and made her look so young.

Contributor

Thanks everyone. Gives me alot to think about.

I love my bangs but other ppl seem to think i need

a new style lol.

Dana's hair i do like and i am attaching a couple other

styles. I tried to attach yesterday but it didnt take.

I am just not sure about fine,thin hair and i too always

like a style and am told they have thick hair!

Medium-Long-long

Contributor

thanks so much. i am going to take the quiz Smiley Happy