Valued Contributor

Hair Spray - please recommend

Is there a hair spray that you recommend that will hold the style and volume but will not be "stiff" and difficult to run hand through?

I'm definitely looking more for a hair spray, if possible.  (not a mousse)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Spray - please recommend

@Julie_23

Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Design Finishing Mist. This finishing mist gives you the

This s great, IMO

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Big Sexy Volumizing Spray is great. I have fine hair and can't go out with something to control it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Aussie aussome volume.....used it on vacation in Florida's high humidity...

Honored Contributor

Carol's Daughter with Monoi, and Marc Anthony with Moroccan Oil.

Valued Contributor

I've been on a similar search for a very long time. I don't want to use hairspray, but I have to due to my hair texture.  I always go back to Kenra Volume Super Hold Finishing Spray.  It's lightweight, but works as well as any I've found.  If you decide to try it, shop around online.  It is sold at many places, and I always search for a sale and/or a coupon.  Best of luck.

Respected Contributor

I'm loving John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold hair spray.  It holds my hair, is not sticky, not hard and is easy to brush through.  

I've used almost every hair spray on the market and this is about the best.  I switched from Kenra because at $25 a can is ridiculous.  

This one is under $5 at brick and mortar discount stores, drug stores, etc.  (Easy to find).  

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Hairspray All-Day-Hold 10oz

Honored Contributor

I just received Nick Chavez's hairspray duo and used it once.  I'll try it again, but it's heavy and sticky and I should have never bought it.  It won the Q's "best hairspray," but I should have known better because that doesn't mean anything in the real world.  I'm so annoyed.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

IMHO, I don't know if there is a hair spray that will hold AND allow you to run your fingers through... those are mutually exclusive things.

I have very fine thin hair and I use two.  The lighter one I use is Loreal Elnett.  The original scent is awful so I buy the unscented.  If you spray a little, you can run your hands through.  I also like Kenra volumizing spray.  That one is firmer hold, but gives volume.  You would not be able to run your hands through unless you brushed it out first...

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Carol's Daughter.