Respected Contributor

If you look at the Q's definition of Hearts it is no more than a popularity contest and they should know better than that.Man Sad

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but I think the designers were very young minded and popularity means everything to them.

It's not that I don't like what a lot of people say (otherwise I wouldn't be here at all). But I don't plan on hearting anyone too much. Tags seem useless, too.  I mean, why do we all have to know that someone has 35 tags to their credit?

Honored Contributor

i don't understand hearts
how ? where,etc.

edited for a typo made by me..lol!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Frequent Contributor

There already are posters who compete for number of posts, now we can add compete for hearts !

Respected Contributor

I don't view hearts as a popularity issue.  There has been many times when I agreed with the poster but didn't want to add a response just to say that.  This is an easy way to say you agree with the poster's comment.  I "heart" the idea.

Honored Contributor

winkk wrote:

I don't view hearts as a popularity issue.  There has been many times when I agreed with the poster but didn't want to add a response just to say that.  This is an easy way to say you agree with the poster's comment.  I "heart" the idea.

This is what I've been using the hearts for.  It's an easy and quick way to like or agree with someone's post.  Often I ended up quoting someone only to put in some sort of smiley face to show amusement or agreement.  That takes up a lot of time and page space just to give a simple "thumbs up" to the poster. 

I could care less how many hearts, posts or tags (which I still don't quite understand!) anyone has.

Honored Contributor

It's just the same as an ITA but without having to reply. It's only a competition if you make it such. Really, it's very inconsequential.

I used to post on a board years ago that did the same thing, but instead of hearts, it was karma. So a person could click and give you one point of karma if they liked your comment.

Guess what? You couldn't take them to the bank and redeem them. In the end, it meant nothing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I appreciate your opinions very much and they make me look at it in a different way. We'll see how it goes. As it is, the post numbers also got cut way down too.Cat Happy

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Right on target, winkk. It is a way of saying you agree without making a comment. Facebook has the same thing, more or less; therefore, many people are already familiar with the concept. 

Trusted Contributor

HSN's board  does the same thing. Their board is ridiculous and nothing more than a popularity contest...with same users giving each other hearts.

It's enough to give you a heart on...lol! Heart