Trusted Contributor

Re: Gwen Stephanie-Which Look Do You Prefer?

the bottom photo. she wears really heavy make up but it looks so good on her. I can't say the same for the other celebrities or just regular people who really pile it on, so I'm guessing that her make up artist is very good. also, a big plus is that she has great skin!

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

This one:

I've heard her name, but I have no idea who she is.  She's either a singer or an actress, I suppose.  At any rate, her eyebrows look like they were drawn on with a Sharpie.  Her make-up artist is incompetent.

Honored Contributor

She's beautiful and looks terrific for late 40s but what really impresses me about GS is that she's managed to stay relevant for a couple of decades wihout any outstanding discernible talent!

there are many truly gifted vocalists/musicians who can't seem to catch a break yet here she is with her mediocre pipes raking in the dough....

Honored Contributor

I miss her on The Voice.  I miss Shakira also.  Too bad they can't have two blondes at once.  Maybe go to five judges?  My guys would be Blake, Adam, and Pharrell.  Oh, this is about looks.  I'm judging on niceness.  My only critique of any of the female judges appearance-wise is Christina should try some look that doesn't emphasize the breasts so much.  Will that get poofed? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I miss her on The Voice.  I miss Shakira also.  Too bad they can't have two blondes at once.  Maybe go to five judges?  My guys would be Blake, Adam, and Pharrell.  Oh, this is about looks.  I'm judging on niceness.  My only critique of any of the female judges appearance-wise is Christina should try some look that doesn't emphasize the breasts so much.  Will that get poofed? 

@depglassThe thread was on the makeup artist's new lighter look for Gewn which got a lot of backlash.

On Christina, though, now that ya mention it!  I've thought that often.  It seems they're trying to take the focus off of her weight gain.  

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Gwen is gorgeous.  She looks great in both pics, but I probably prefer the bottom one.  She truly is one of the few fair-skinned and fair-haired ladies who can seriously rock a red lip!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

The second photo is 'classic Gwen'  the first photo is blah, lifeless.

Regular Contributor

What is it exactly about being fair that makes it hard for red lipstick to look good? I know I look terrible but it is news to me that this is a common problem for most fair skinned people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

Gwen is gorgeous.  She looks great in both pics, but I probably prefer the bottom one.  She truly is one of the few fair-skinned and fair-haired ladies who can seriously rock a red lip!

I think it's mainly because of her big dark eyes, but also her strong brows.

Her skin and hair are fair in tone, while both her lips and eyes are deep shades.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Is there an echo in here? lol! Smiley Wink