Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gray Hair Model (Cheryl)

Reading a few posts where some saying, they "hate" gray hair....... While it is definitely a personal choice whether to cover gray or not, still - hate gray hair is a little too harsh to say..... How can we "hate" our bodies, or the bodies of others for their physical bodily functions or for aging? I can't understand this.

By-the-way, I happened to be once a week at the place, where hundreds, no - thousands of people passing by, and majority of them are young or very young women. And guess what?  Gray hair is in among the very young nowadays! Women in their twenties color gray! Obviously - they like it! I personally do not like this color artificially achieved on the young ladies, but who am I to say? It's their choice. It's a trend.

Super Contributor

Grey hair on women is aging. PERIOD. And if you think its not, you are fooling yourself. Men can get away with it, but woman can't. That is just the way it is.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cef001 wrote:

Grey hair on women is aging. PERIOD. And if you think its not, you are fooling yourself. Men can get away with it, but woman can't. That is just the way it is.  

This is only your opinion - not a proven fact . Try to learn to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

Reading a few posts where some saying, they "hate" gray hair....... While it is definitely a personal choice whether to cover gray or not, still - hate gray hair is a little too harsh to say..... How can we "hate" our bodies, or the bodies of others for their physical bodily functions or for aging? I can't understand this.

By-the-way, I happened to be once a week at the place, where hundreds, no - thousands of people passing by, and majority of them are young or very young women. And guess what?  Gray hair is in among the very young nowadays! Women in their twenties color gray! Obviously - they like it! I personally do not like this color artificially achieved on the young ladies, but who am I to say? It's their choice. It's a trend.

I was in to get a haircut and a young lady was there for a color and told the stylist she wanted more grey than mine - not as white. And grey she got but I thought it looked weird with such a young face.

Respected Contributor

^  where is the eyeroll emotie  {~.~}

Esteemed Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

This is true if aging is a negative to one's mind, @cef001.  It can also be - natural and simply a part of our life. Whatever one perception maybe - so it is!

While I like Spring time in nature the best, still I am perfectly able to see a Beauty in Autumn too. Even in the very-very late Autumn......

What we WANT to see - we actually SEE. And it becomes very real to us.

Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

This is only your opinion - not a proven fact . Try to learn to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion.

I guarantee you, you were never thought to be younger then you actually are. In fact I bet older.  

Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I was in to get a haircut and a young lady was there for a color and told the stylist she wanted more grey than mine - not as white. And grey she got but I thought it looked weird with such a young face.

And I don't know where you live but the twenty something's around here are'nt walking around with grey hair.

Honored Contributor

IMG_17386328542814.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

I guarantee you, you were never thought to be younger then you actually are. In fact I bet older.  

There is no need to insult a poster trying to prove your opinion, @cef001.  I am, for example ALL my life was thought to be younger, and now - especially so!  I LOVE tell people my EXACT age, with my graying hair and all.... It's like a game to me, and never miss an opportunity to declare my age and see the eyes roll in surprise. This gives me a thrill and I love doing it!  I have very good skin though, and most importantly - an optimistic, which means - young attitude. Never sour or negative.

And there is NO WAY you can guarantee @151949 never thought to be younger, unless you claim to be a very talented psychic! Lol!