Honored Contributor

Re: Gray Hair Model (Cheryl)

[ Edited ]

Wonderful picture's! Thanks, Couldn't remember the name of her cosmetic company. Cindy Joseph's Facebook page highlights the company live in Hawaii where the products are made. Love her attitude.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Attitude is Numero Uno, @Sweet_Serenity!  And only then comes hair color. Though, in this particular case, Cindy WAS chosen to model precisely becase she had grey hair. And a beautiful skin, of course. This what I am saying - grey hair contrasts beautiful skin very favorably, in my opinion. The face looks somewhat "shockingly young"  - striking by the contrast. Would Cindy have had colored hair, she would of had a bit more an average look of a woman of 63 years old.

Esteemed Contributor

p.s. Only want to add - great skin we can achieve at any age through the very advanced cosmetic skin care and very diligent, consistent and loving routine twice a day, with right products, masks and correct exfoliation. Oh, of course - sun protection - sunscreen!

Then - any hair color will be becoming, because it will not clash with a much older looking face! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just had to run a couple of quick errands ... five blocks each way ...

I passed two younger women  who resemble those pictures that are posted.  One was probably early 60s the other was an early 40-something.  The older woman had a sleek hairdo .. the younger one had a head of fabulous tousled curls.  

There are a lot of well groomed gray haired women here .... but those two stood out.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep. All hair looks better when well groomed, But grey hair needs to be groomed excellent in order to look good! Mine is NOT right now, and I know it, so I pull it up most of the time. Woman LOL Must make a hair trim and re-shaping appointment very soon! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I will admit when I color my hair it does take off a few years.  When I let it go gray, it does flatter my cooler complexion and blue gray eyes (at least, imo, it does)........and when it comes to my hair and how look.....it's my opinion that counts!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When a person is greying their complexion also changes. I went from an autumn - dark auburn hair and medium complexion to a winter - much lighter complexion as my hair got increasingly whiter. For this reason when someone tries to maintain their old hair color it does not work well because they can't dye their skin back to their youthful color.No amount of skin care will change this inevitable fact.

I always SMH when I see senior women with dyed red hair, esp those who try to claim it is natural. Any natural red head knows that red fades to mousey brown and then starts to grey at a pretty young age.It does absolutely never stay red forever, and no hair dye exists that looks the same as natural red. I don't care - I just think it is ridiculous to lie about it.When I developed a grey streak at a young age I dyed mine too.

Honored Contributor

My mom colored her hair till her dying day, she was going on 95, she was way too vain to ever go gray, although she said she admired pretty silver hair on other women.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

When a person is greying their complexion also changes. I went from an autumn - dark auburn hair and medium complexion to a winter - much lighter complexion as my hair got increasingly whiter. For this reason when someone tries to maintain their old hair color it does not work well because they can't dye their skin back to their youthful color.No amount of skin care will change this inevitable fact.

I always SMH when I see senior women with dyed red hair, esp those who try to claim it is natural. Any natural red head knows that red fades to mousey brown and then starts to grey at a pretty young age.It does absolutely never stay red forever, and no hair dye exists that looks the same as natural red. I don't care - I just think it is ridiculous to lie about it.When I developed a grey streak at a young age I dyed mine too.

That's as much a generalization as saying that gray hair is never flattering.

And who is to say, other then the person involved, that gray hair necessarily favors the change in skin tone better than retaining the natural color well.

I was born with light brown hair that was multi-dimensional. I currently have light brown hair that is multi-dimensional (just due to exercise walking). I'm sure my complexion, like everything else on this journey, has changed, but in no way do they not complement each other.

As an aside, it's funny how some will focus on only bad color jobs and only on beautiful pictures of gray hair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

That's as much a generalization as saying that gray hair is never flattering.

And who is to say, other then the person involved, that gray hair necessarily favors the change in skin tone better than retaining the natural color well.

I was born with light brown hair that was multi-dimensional. I currently have light brown hair that is multi-dimensional (just due to exercise walking). I'm sure my complexion, like everything else on this journey, has changed, but in no way do they not complement each other.

As an aside, it's funny how some will focus on only bad color jobs and only on beautiful pictures of gray hair.

Any thing I can think of to reply to this would get poofed so I'll let this go now. Honestly !!!! !