Super Contributor

I know I am going to hear it from some but I don't care. I have been wanting to say this for the longest time.  The older model that does beauty and hair shows, I believe her name is Cheryl, please, please color your hair a pretty rich brown. You are so attractive, you have beautiful skin. You will look at least 20 years younger! I really do not understand why these older models do not color their hair. It is the first thing a stylist does in a makeover, is color the hair.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Gray Hair Model (Cheryl)

I agree. My opinion, the ONLY women who look good with grey hair are the really young premature grey ones. Everyone else would look years younger with even just a light blond or lightest brown and maybe frosted too.

I think salt & pepper looks the worst. 

Contributor

Maybe she likes her hair gray, and maybe they hire her because she has the gray hair.

Honored Contributor

@cef001I'm not sure who she is, but it's very possible that it's her gray hair that has her on the air, that she's just be another model with pretty brown hair if she dyed hers -  and we all know that would put her into a whole different competition for jobs.

In real life -  I'm all for color-treated hair for any woman who wants it.  Not all natural looks are all that attractive - they're just natural.  So are hurricanes and earthquakes, but we don't expect everyone to like them either!

Valued Contributor

My hairdresser insists on keeping my hair colored/highlighted. She,too, says it keeps years off your face.  Who am I to argue?  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

IMHO both Joanne and Sherrill are GORGEOUS just the way they are!

You certainly wouldn't want all women to be blond, or just brunette....so why can't some be salt & pepper, or gorgeous silver, or whatever else THEY want to be.

I make no demands on anyone else and their perception of individual choice, and I don't accept anyone else's demands on me.

That's individuality!

Esteemed Contributor

I've been salt and pepper since my thirties.....now in my sixties and more salt than pepper.....and have always received compliments on my hair color......

Honored Contributor

I went grey early and it was NOT a flattering look as the grey is many different shades. Only one area is pure silvery-white and that is the area around my face. So, I keep that white and color the rest my natural rich brown.

White/silver is a hard shade to keep pure and most of us don't have that shade without some help. 

Perhaps the model is allergic to hair dye (many are). In the end, if SHE is happy and healhty and loves what she sees in the mirror- that's all that matters.

Honored Contributor

I chose to quit coloring my hair at age 57. The expense to color, the toxic chemicals used to color...the time I spent coloring are just a few reasons why I chose to stop coloring.  Now 60, I love my white hair. It is healthy, shiny, and not damaged from all  the chemicals in the color. Most woman who chose to stop or to not color are happy in their own skin. And you are a fool if you think coloring your hair makes people think you are younger.  

Honored Contributor

My niece is about 15 years younger than me.  She's been totally gray for a long time.

It's the kind of gray that's almost white.  It looks beautiful.  I agree that most people's gray is yellowish and doesn't look good.