Re: Gray Hair Model (Cheryl)

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Super Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

Grey hair on women is aging. PERIOD. And if you think its not, you are fooling yourself. Men can get away with it, but woman can't. That is just the way it is.  

This is only your opinion - not a proven fact . Try to learn to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion.

I guarantee you, you were never thought to be younger then you actually are. In fact I bet older.  

There is no need to insult a poster trying to prove your opinion, @cef001.  I am, for example ALL my life was thought to be younger, and now - especially so!  I LOVE tell people my EXACT age, with my graying hair and all.... It's like a game to me, and never miss an opportunity to declare my age and see the eyes roll in surprise. This gives me a thrill and I love doing it!  I have very good skin though, and most importantly - an optimistic, which means - young attitude. Never sour or negative.

And there is NO WAY you can guarantee @151949 never thought to be younger, unless you claim to be a very talented psychic! Lol!

I have never known a woman with grey hair that looked younger than she was. Perhaps they were just being kind to you. I am sure they were'nt going to say you looked your age or older.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

Grey hair on women is aging. PERIOD. And if you think its not, you are fooling yourself. Men can get away with it, but woman can't. That is just the way it is.  

This is only your opinion - not a proven fact . Try to learn to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion.

I guarantee you, you were never thought to be younger then you actually are. In fact I bet older.  

There is no need to insult a poster trying to prove your opinion, @cef001.  I am, for example ALL my life was thought to be younger, and now - especially so!  I LOVE tell people my EXACT age, with my graying hair and all.... It's like a game to me, and never miss an opportunity to declare my age and see the eyes roll in surprise. This gives me a thrill and I love doing it!  I have very good skin though, and most importantly - an optimistic, which means - young attitude. Never sour or negative.

And there is NO WAY you can guarantee @151949 never thought to be younger, unless you claim to be a very talented psychic! Lol!

I have never known a woman with grey hair that looked younger than she was. Perhaps they were just being kind to you. I am sure they were'nt going to say you looked your age or older.  

Maybe you have not I have. More than that - I am the one also. But lived long enough to know "being kind" to me from a genuine responses. You @cef001 have quite insulting attitude towards others on this forum, and I'd appreciate you'd curtailed it just a touch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cef001 wrote:

Huh?  I am a woman and I have gray hair, actually it's silver with black low lights.  I am getting away with it.  NO one is arresting me or assaulting  me because it ( except some posters on here)

I don't understand why the desire to look younger than you actually are is so strong among women.  Why the double standard for women? It's especially disheartening to see this with women who are of that certain age.  More women than men try to live in the past and embrace their youth.  Face it, we are all getting older... And that is a GOOD thing.

There are many factors used to guess someone's age.  Your skin and teeth, the way you carry yourself and your hair.  When you are older, your hair changes and not just the color. 

I think it is sad the way women bash each other over their hair color.  It makes no difference.  We are all different.  We all have different skin, hair and eye colors.  This is so superficial and insufficient.

YOU may look and feel better with your hair colored and others may feel and look better with white, gray or silver hair.

There is no right or wrong or one size fits all.  Let it go and enjoy your life and stop looking around and judging other people on their choices.  What difference does it make on how old or young we are or how old people think we are?  This is crazy.

P.S. you're awfully opinioned  for only being 46 years old.  You possibly will mature with age.  I hope so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I would love to hear how ladies with grey hair keep it pretty, I can't afford to go to the hairdresser so I would love to know what products people are using.

Next time you're at the drugstore ... check the shelves for products for gray hair.  Jhirmack makes shampoo and conditioner and a spray called "Silver Brightener."  They call it a "miracle leave-in conditioning treatment."  Jhirmack products leave your hair feeling  wonderful.  

Clairol makes a Clairol Shimmer for gray hair.  

One of my friends who is just starting to go gray (she's 64) ... is using it to brighten her gray in her otherwise brunette hair.  She's not hiding it .... she's showing it off.  She worked very hard to earn those gray hairs!   

Look around.  You don't have to spend a lot of money to find great products ... and they really do work.

For very little $$$, you can buy a bottle of laundry bluing in the detergent aisle at the grocery store.  You add a bit to a quart of water and pour over your hair after shampooing.  Don't use too much or you'll be one of those "blue haired" little old ladies.  It removes the yellowish cast gray hair gets.  Here are the directions.

Click Here

I would love to know if anyone here has tried this.  I have tried every blue/purple shampoo on the market and I still have yellowing on my white hair.  I have used the Malibu and ION treatments for mineral deposits from Sally's and I still have some yellow. 

Anyone use the laundry bluing on your hair???

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I would love to hear how ladies with grey hair keep it pretty, I can't afford to go to the hairdresser so I would love to know what products people are using.

Next time you're at the drugstore ... check the shelves for products for gray hair.  Jhirmack makes shampoo and conditioner and a spray called "Silver Brightener."  They call it a "miracle leave-in conditioning treatment."  Jhirmack products leave your hair feeling  wonderful.  

Clairol makes a Clairol Shimmer for gray hair.  

One of my friends who is just starting to go gray (she's 64) ... is using it to brighten her gray in her otherwise brunette hair.  She's not hiding it .... she's showing it off.  She worked very hard to earn those gray hairs!   

Look around.  You don't have to spend a lot of money to find great products ... and they really do work.

For very little $$$, you can buy a bottle of laundry bluing in the detergent aisle at the grocery store.  You add a bit to a quart of water and pour over your hair after shampooing.  Don't use too much or you'll be one of those "blue haired" little old ladies.  It removes the yellowish cast gray hair gets.  Here are the directions.

Click Here

I would love to know if anyone here has tried this.  I have tried every blue/purple shampoo on the market and I still have yellowing on my white hair.  I have used the Malibu and ION treatments for mineral deposits from Sally's and I still have some yellow. 

Anyone use the laundry bluing on your hair???

YIkes! NO way.

I would suggest that you do not wash your hair with water that is discolored in any way.  MIneral deposits can make hair yellow, as can using hot tools on your hair.

Medications can make hair yellow as well as smoking or being around second hand smoke.

Always use a shampoo made for silver hair.  Always use a product to protect your hair against hot styling products. ( I use Aussie)

A bottle of Roux rinse found at Sally, as well as other stores can work wonders.  Use Ultra White Minx if your hair is white.  SIlver Lining is a beautiful silver shade.

If you think your yellow may be caused by minerals or medications, use  a Nexus Product called Aloe Rid Treatment.  It's a clarifying product used to remove deposits from your hair. It WILL work.  You can order it online.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@cef001 I'm sure you would though.  I'd bet the farm on it. 

Super Contributor

You would loose the farm. I would lie like the rest of them.

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@cef001 I'm sure you would though.  I'd bet the farm on it. 

You would loose the farm. I would lie like the rest of them.