Super Contributor

Re: Good under eye concealer

I've used Dermablend Smooth Indulgence for yrs and love it, not caking or setteling into fine lines, I use dermablend foundation as well and bcuz it dries to a nice matte finish no powder is needed. Looks great in pics too Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 6/6/2014 MurphiesLaw said:

Anyone have any suggestions for under eye bags, other than plastic surgery?

OMG !!! The bane of my existence since childhood! First -- less salt in diet. Lots of water. Sleep with head elevated a bit. Second -- eye creams make worse! Use very lite gel around orbital bone. Don't rub eyes when applying or removing makeup. Mine are hereditary & I have allergies. Would love the fat removal procedure but it's thousands $$. I'm convinced that NO PRODUCT can obliterate bags but we can prevent or mitigate. Ice & cucumber slices. Whatever home remedies that work. I HATE BAGGAGE TOO!!! Emphasize your brows & liner & rest of face so bags don't dominate.
Respected Contributor

I've gone through concealers which stopped working after a while as often as husbands. J/K.

The only concealer that works consistently, and I refuse to ever give it up unless my darkness goes away is Mally's Cancellation Concealer. I don't use the companion setting powder. I have enough palettes so just buy the refills.

I really have tried so many that seemed to work at first, then betrayed me. For a lighter concealer MUFE has a nice one in a tube. On days where I don't need much, I can use that or an under eye highlighter.

And since switching to Sephora's airbrush foundation, I find I don't need concealer even though the formula is feather light. Odd but true.

Trusted Contributor

I have dark circles as well. I have been using the same two concealers for years now:

1. LORAC Concealer Pot

and/or

2. Presciptives Flawless Skin Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 25

A great liquid concealer is Prescriptives Camouflage Cream (I use it for redness or any monthly breakouts).

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 6/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/6/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 6/4/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Another good one isn't a concealer at all but a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Many people have good luck with this whether used alone or with (lightly) your concealer or corrector. It brings light to the face, it is thin and not too thick so it isn't cakey, attracting more attention to that area.

As always, great information Irshgrl31201. My experience has been that L'Oreal MagiLumi pen is a dupe for the YSL. I have both. One morning I used the YSL under one eye, got distracted, came back and mistakenly picked up the L'Oreal. I could tell no difference in them during application or with the end result.

Hi, BC. Do you remember on another thread when I mentioned a L'Oreal concealer that I had just bought and seemed to like? You had posted to me that it was a dupe for YSL.

But the one I mentioned is not the MagiLumi pen; it's L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer. I'm still liking it. It's not as heavy coverage as I'd like, but I think I've come to the realization that the heavier the concealer, the drier and the more likely to crease and cake. I guess you can't have it all. Believe me, I've tried.

The lighter texture makes it easy to apply, the shade "Light"is perfect for me, and it's received good reviews (including a "best" rating from you-know-who).

Anyway, here's a pic of mine. Is this the dupe or a different product than what you're talking about?

L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer, Medium

Hey, SQ3. So sorry I missed your response earlier today. That container is not the same as the one I have. I remember you posting about this and had meant to reply that I wondered if this could just be another rendition of the same thing? Seems companies market very similar, if not the same, products with a new ahem, facelift. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And, don't you know since that post I have been unable to find mine. I'm glad you are still happy with the Lift Serum. I know what you mean about dryness under the eye area. Many products seem to settle and just accentuate the problem. You're better off not applying anything except lots of moisturizer yet there is still the desire to make it go away! I'll remember to look at this when I am next out and about.

Thanks, BC. Yes, the one you like that is a dupe is different. They sell both. Yours is touted more as a highlighter (which makes sense, considering what it's a dupe for).

Mine is more of a true concealer (medium coverage), but I do find that it brightens a little bit as well.

Your and mine do look similar. Here's yours:

undefined - Face - L'Oreal Paris

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

My favorite is Laura Geller's Dream Cream Concealer in fair. It's been out of stock everywhere for months now. Smiley Sad If anyone knows where I could find one, I's really appreciate it.