Regular Contributor

Re: Good under eye concealer

I have the same issue finding a good concealer that isn't $100.00 or settle in my natural creases making me look like a person with OLD under eye skin !.... LOL...

I still haven't found anything that's the one I reach for over and over again. MY next try out is the Touch Éclat that so many swear by. While its not a concealer, at least its better then not putting anything beneath your eyes which I currently do now, I even find foundation not a good choice for my skin to heavy.

here is some info I got from my dermatologist:

1. use SPF under your eyes not only for wrinkles but also for dark circles - the sun exposure makes them worse.

2. Check for Allergies they tend to make dark circles around the eyes ( this is true my 8 year has dark circles during Allergy season and when he was allergic to milk)

3. Drink lots of water ( I think this is their mantra, honestly I don't understand what It has to do with dark circles but just passing it along anyway LOL )

Good Luck - and the search is on .... hope this thread survives - I want to know what women are wearing with great success.

Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Another good one isn't a concealer at all but a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Many people have good luck with this whether used alone or with (lightly) your concealer or corrector. It brings light to the face, it is thin and not too thick so it isn't cakey, attracting more attention to that area.

As always, great information Irshgrl31201. My experience has been that L'Oreal MagiLumi pen is a dupe for the YSL. I have both. One morning I used the YSL under one eye, got distracted, came back and mistakenly picked up the L'Oreal. I could tell no difference in them during application or with the end result.

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 BellaCarro said:

Another good one isn't a concealer at all but a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Many people have good luck with this whether used alone or with (lightly) your concealer or corrector. It brings light to the face, it is thin and not too thick so it isn't cakey, attracting more attention to that area.

As always, great information Irshgrl31201. My experience has been that L'Oreal MagiLumi pen is a dupe for the YSL. I have both. One morning I used the YSL under one eye, got distracted, came back and mistakenly picked up the L'Oreal. I could tell no difference in them during application or with the end result.

Hi, BC. Do you remember on another thread when I mentioned a L'Oreal concealer that I had just bought and seemed to like? You had posted to me that it was a dupe for YSL.

But the one I mentioned is not the MagiLumi pen; it's L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer. I'm still liking it. It's not as heavy coverage as I'd like, but I think I've come to the realization that the heavier the concealer, the drier and the more likely to crease and cake. I guess you can't have it all. Believe me, I've tried.

The lighter texture makes it easy to apply, the shade "Light"is perfect for me, and it's received good reviews (including a "best" rating from you-know-who).

Anyway, here's a pic of mine. Is this the dupe or a different product than what you're talking about?

L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer, Medium

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I can't find one.

Regular Contributor

I have searched high and low for years and the one I found that works the best is Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer that you can buy at the drugstore. It provides good coverage and never settles in any lines.

I used to use YSL and that is also good but I think Rimmel is better. The fact that is so much less and expensive and available at most pharmacies is just a bonus.

Honored Contributor

Stila actually has two -- one in a tube and one in a small, round container. Neither settle in lines.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Anyone have any suggestions for under eye bags, other than plastic surgery?

Super Contributor

I like the Maybelline Fit Me (drug store), the Loreal Age Rewind with the spongy round top, Estee Lauder's in the compact and the Dream Lumi.

Respected Contributor

On 6/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/6/2014 BellaCarro said:

Hi, BC. Do you remember on another thread when I mentioned a L'Oreal concealer that I had just bought and seemed to like? You had posted to me that it was a dupe for YSL.

But the one I mentioned is not the MagiLumi pen; it's L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer. I'm still liking it. It's not as heavy coverage as I'd like, but I think I've come to the realization that the heavier the concealer, the drier and the more likely to crease and cake. I guess you can't have it all. Believe me, I've tried.

The lighter texture makes it easy to apply, the shade "Light"is perfect for me, and it's received good reviews (including a "best" rating from you-know-who).

Anyway, here's a pic of mine. Is this the dupe or a different product than what you're talking about?

L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer, Medium

Hey, SQ3. So sorry I missed your response earlier today. That container is not the same as the one I have. I remember you posting about this and had meant to reply that I wondered if this could just be another rendition of the same thing? Seems companies market very similar, if not the same, products with a new ahem, facelift. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And, don't you know since that post I have been unable to find mine. I'm glad you are still happy with the Lift Serum. I know what you mean about dryness under the eye area. Many products seem to settle and just accentuate the problem. You're better off not applying anything except lots of moisturizer yet there is still the desire to make it go away! I'll remember to look at this when I am next out and about.

Valued Contributor

After trying almost everything to really nicely cover my very dark areas close to my nose here are my faves: 1. Geller concealer in pen-brush component. Blend with fingers. 2. it cosmetics but it's very thick so I use a light touch with a brush then fingers. 3. Smash box in small tube which came in kit years ago --- good color and consistency but not sure if they still make it (Second Skin - long wear). Really concentrated too. Actually my Fave but save it for special occasions. Perfect match for my skin color Medium. The LG is a bit light for me. Age-old dilemma yes????